The Tattoos of Weinworld

Got an update...did about 6 hours on Friday:

2011-07-17115503.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G via Tapatalk.

Reactions: Tig
Awesome Steak!

Please explain something to me. The colors on your tat are really bright and vibrant. Much more so than on any other one I've seen. It really looks so much better than most i see out there. It that because it's new? Do they fade over time, or is it a different style of tattoo? I saw a guy at the grocery store yesterday who's tats were similar very bright vibrant colors. I would almost consider one if I knew it would look like that.

Awesome Steak!

Please explain something to me. The colors on your tat are really bright and vibrant. Much more so than on any other one I've seen. It really looks so much better than most i see out there. It that because it's new? Do they fade over time, or is it a different style of tattoo? I saw a guy at the grocery store yesterday who's tats were similar very bright vibrant colors. I would almost consider one if I knew it would look like that.

The colors are definitely more vibrant when the ink is new, and they do tend to fade over time.

However, tattoo inks are constantly being improved, and newer formulas will also fade less over time and remain more vibrant.

The absolute key to keeping fading to a minimum is to protect them from the sun. Sunscreen is vital if you want your tattoos to remain bright.

Thanks guys!

Heya Rev...I think a lot of the brightness is due to the newness it will fade a little. But I do think it will stay pretty vibrant. There have been huge improvements in ink the last few years. One main help to avoiding a lot of fading is sunscreen...the sun is brutal on tattoos...

The key (imo) is finding a kickass artist. Where do you live approximately?

Last edited:
The colors are definitely more vibrant when the ink is new, and they do tend to fade over time.

However, tattoo inks are constantly being improved, and newer formulas will also fade less over time and remain more vibrant.

The absolute key to keeping fading to a minimum is to protect them from the sun. Sunscreen is vital if you want your tattoos to remain bright.

Lol! If I waited 5 minutes I could have just typed "this". Aahzz...I am completely addicted to Last Sparrow now...great find!

Tattoos will fade however, how much has a lot to do with the skill of the artist, your skin and how well you take care of it and treat it after its healed. Uv/sun exposure is a big one....just look at a roofer's tattoos.

I live near Toledo.

I've heard good things about Studio 14 in Toledo. My cousin is living with one of the artists there, Tyler Brott - the work I've seen from him is quite good. I believe he may have moved away, but have liked what I've seen from the other artists there.

Rev...check out www.lastsparrowtattoo.com They have a section for recommended shops. I'll see what I can find as well. Kyle's recommendation is probably top notch though.

There is one of the BEST guys in the business in Cincinnatti...his name is Kore Flatmo (you can see his interview on the website I listed above). I would seriously consider flying there to have him do something on me (he is that awesome). He's like...PRS level. Plus you could prolly shack up with K (an added bonus!).

I think if you are going to get something, get something AWESOME by someone who IS awesome. Its not really like guitars IMO, you might get a lot of enjoyment out of a cheap guitar...no one enjoys a cheap tattoo. :wink:

Rev...check out www.lastsparrowtattoo.com They have a section for recommended shops. I'll see what I can find as well. Kyle's recommendation is probably top notch though.

There is one of the BEST guys in the business in Cincinnatti...his name is Kore Flatmo (you can see his interview on the website I listed above). I would seriously consider flying there to have him do something on me (he is that awesome). He's like...PRS level. Plus you could prolly shack up with K (an added bonus!).

I think if you are going to get something, get something AWESOME by someone who IS awesome. Its not really like guitars IMO, you might get a lot of enjoyment out of a cheap guitar...no one enjoys a cheap tattoo. :wink:

Considering I live in the Cincinnati area, I've been thinking abouit checking out Kore's shop for some future work.

For anyone that'd like to see, he's at http://www.plurabella.com/

He does stunning work. In my case, none of the pieces I've wanted so far are really suitable to his style. One never knows what the future may hold, though....

Back