The Tattoos of Weinworld

Not too much ago, one of my friends had a pitch meeting with some people from lifetime network about a rather different tattooing based reality show... Can't really mention the concept but I hope it gets produced; it's a really good spin

Not too much ago, one of my friends had a pitch meeting with some people from lifetime network about a rather different tattooing based reality show... Can't really mention the concept but I hope it gets produced; it's a really good spin

Do you watch Tattoo Age on vice? It's an awesome show. This season has featured Freddy Corbin, Valerie Vargas, Stewart Robinson, Mutso, and Danny Sutto.

Thanks man! We are going back in December to have them finished. He is also starting a study for my other chest panel. :embarrassed:

Nice. The itch to get another one is getting stronger but the artist I had just moved to North Carolina. I really dont want to have to do that search again. As you are well aware, working with a good artist on these things is a very cool experience.

Cant wait to see yours finished. It is actually very similar to what I would want if I could afford to get what I really want.

In the first season, Tommy Helm created some nice looking work.

Tommy is on his own show called Tattoo Nightmares (or something like that). It is all cover-ups. He and 2 other artists cover tattoos that people have and want covered. Some of the stuff is amazing.

I saw good stuff on the 1st season and I have seen nice ones on the second season too but way too many bad ones for people who are supposed to be already great ad seeking their big break. I think they pick 'personalities' for shows like that a lot rather than picking the most talented.

Part of my problem with the format is the time limit. I want it to take as long as it take to be done well. I just don't jive with the ok or cheap is good enough. They are permanent after all.

Yeah, while there was some really great work in the show a big part of my dislike was that there were some seriously busted pieces from either a technical and/or appearance point of view. Chalk it up to the talent or the format but it was a crappy thing to do to people and makes tattooing look shady. Some elements of the show really played into that back alley scratcher sleezy biker tattoo image and that's just silly.

Part of my problem with the format is the time limit. I want it to take as long as it take to be done well. I just don't jive with the ok or cheap is good enough. They are permanent after all.

That is very true...and any artist will tell you that you don't rush art. After you get started, you take as long as it takes to finish and finish it as well as it can be finished.

Artists are not well known for being great managers of time.

I went to a Tattoo show about 2003 in calgary (city of about 1 million people). Though tattoos had become a fad years prior they still hadn't reached the complete 'market' infiltration that they have achieved as of today, so many of the people there were super-talented artists along with classic style tattoo guys who had been doing it for decades. It was very impressive. Many people getting pieces done at the show with lots of onlookers which must have been weird too.

Last edited:

Attachments

• SAM_1241.jpg
    SAM_1241.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 85
Just saw the tattoos Rev.

They aren't "nice". They are fucking badass! So so so sweet.

Thanks! I will post the completed pics next Saturday. It has been so hard to wait for the next appointment. We are starting to layout the other chest panel too.

Yeah man, couldn't make it due to the ever increasing cost of my personal situation. Hopin for next year. I'm gonna get zapped today however, and finishing my side next Tuesday.

Yeah man, couldn't make it due to the ever increasing cost of my personal situation. Hopin for next year. I'm gonna get zapped today however, and finishing my side next Tuesday.

Well, bummer about the trip, but maybe when you head out I'll be in a better position to take a trip to SF, meet up for some brews. :thu:

Have fun under the gun. Gettin' the itch again, but don't have the cash to scratch it, especially with Crimmas coming up. :\

No, just a derogatory term for tattooing. :-D

I would upload a few pics, but tapatalk is being a cunt, isnt accepting iPhone images as a legit pic format. Grrrr

Back