The Bicycle / Biking Gear Thread

Really? That seems strange. I didn’t know they were doing that.

The guy from whom I bought the shoes told me their stock was a little low because the Italians were just getting back to work, but did not say anything at all about shipment issues from Italy.
Yeah. I'm still bummed.

Still on my shoe odyssey, which included two sizes of dominator megas. Also discovering that most helmets are too round and not oval/rectangular enough for me. At least I'm getting two bikes back (of course they're ready today and it's going to rain through friday morning *spits*)
I have a long oval head, so I either have to go to one size larger (provided they are S/M/L and not that useless S/M, M/L) or do a minor amount of dremel work and re-application of the pad velcro, which would void the warranty.

I have a long oval head, so I either have to go to one size larger (provided they are S/M/L and not that useless S/M, M/L) or do a minor amount of dremel work and re-application of the pad velcro, which would void the warranty.

Watcha wear now?

Yeah, I wish I was confident enough to do that because the medium giro and pocs I've tried were closer to fitting but still too tight front to back. The larges too loose and look silly, with added silliness because I'm pretty skinny. I just have a large brain. :embarrassed: Have some lazers and bells incoming.

Oh, and I tried a large kask which fit the best but still looked a little too big to me. Don't think the medium would fit.

Watcha wear now?

Yeah, I wish I was confident enough to do that because the medium giro and pocs I've tried were closer to fitting but still too tight front to back. The larges too loose and look silly, with added silliness because I'm pretty skinny. I just have a large brain. :embarrassed: Have some lazers and bells incoming.

Oh, and I tried a large kask which fit the best but still looked a little too big to me. Don't think the medium would fit.
I currently use a new Bell "Formula MIPS" in a 55-59CM size. I got it on sale for under $49.
https://www.bellhelmets.com/bike/p/formula-mips-road-bike-helmet/100000000300000083.html
49785438957_c289c58bfa_z.jpg

Some manufacturers use different interior shapes from one model to the next, so you have to try on a few to see how they fit.

Last edited:
You certainly wouldn't look like most of the other gravel bikes out there. I do wonder about the stresses on the front though

You certainly wouldn't look like most of the other gravel bikes out there. I do wonder about the stresses on the front though
I've known guys who raced on Lefty forks for years without fail, so I'd be comfy on one. The only problem is the Cannondale manufacture specific tools and parts.

I've known guys who raced on Lefty forks for years without fail, so I'd be comfy on one. The only problem is the Cannondale manufacture specific tools and parts.

Yah, in a sense it is a drop bar mountain bike if you consider some geometry, and a lefty on a hard tail should be just fine. That Cannondale is kinda a drop bar hard tail in some respects. As is my Kona.

I figure it would be fine...it just kind of looks wrong to me who is only used to conventional bikes

Yah, in a sense it is a drop bar mountain bike if you consider some geometry, and a lefty on a hard tail should be just fine. That Cannondale is kinda a drop bar hard tail in some respects. As is my Kona.

I don't know MTB so I don't really understand all the hard tail lefty stuff. Probably another reason why it looks "wrong" to me. I've only ever owned road bikes and I've never really even looked closely at a MTB. My gravel bike is just a road bike with fatter tires and disk brakes (which is different enough).

Reactions: Tig
Back