The Baseball Thread.....

Mrs. P and I actually watched some baseball the other day. Rangers/Tigers (I think). The only reason we watched it is because Mrs. P wanted to watch Terra Nova and the stupid game went to 11 innings (or was it 13?) It was a long damned time. :mad:
 
Mrs. P and I actually watched some baseball the other day. Rangers/Tigers (I think). The only reason we watched it is because Mrs. P wanted to watch Terra Nova and the stupid game went to 11 innings (or was it 13?) It was a long damned time. :mad:

man, that was such a great game. :thu:
 
man, the Rangers absolutely bludgeoned the Tigers to win the ALCS. Leyland is gonna be sitting on an inflatable donut for a week given how hard his pitching staff was pounded tonight. that said, Leyland is a total class act. instead of beating up his team for losing, he gave all the credit to the Rangers. whether it's the Cards or Brewers in the WS, they'd better have been watching tonight. they've got their work cut out for them.
 
The Cards/Rangers is wide open. I'm thinking it goes seven. Both teams are on a roll. Being an NL kind of guy I am pulling for St Louis.

while i'm "an NL guy" during the regular season, i don't think it matters during the World Series.

IMO, the Cards have the momentum and the better manager. Wash is gonna fall off the bandwagon again and get caught up in outsmarting LaRussa, which won't work. and 10 championships and 18 NL pennants later, i kinda want Texas to take em down.
 
while i'm "an NL guy" during the regular season, i don't think it matters during the World Series.

IMO, the Cards have the momentum and the better manager. Wash is gonna fall off the bandwagon again and get caught up in outsmarting LaRussa, which won't work. and 10 championships and 18 NL pennants later, i kinda want Texas to take em down.

The Cardinals and Texas are two teams I really have no good or bad feelings towards, so I really don't care who wins. Generally you would say it comes down to pitching - which would give St Louis the edge, but not so much in the last couple of series.
 
I was really hoping to see the Brewers and Tigers in the WS, but alas, such is the life of a baseball fan.

As it is, I think the Texans might have the right combination of firepower and pitching to make short work of the Cards, but who knows? :shrug: Anything can happen in this crazy sport.
 
I wanted to see the Tigers and the Cardinals since Leland and LaRussa are buddies and both are top notch managers. My boys (the Cardinals) are in so I'm happy. I'm a bit worried about the Rangers but I'll say St. Louis in seven. GO CARDS!!!!!!!
 
Mrs. P and I actually watched some baseball the other day. Rangers/Tigers (I think). The only reason we watched it is because Mrs. P wanted to watch Terra Nova and the stupid game went to 11 innings (or was it 13?) It was a long damned time. :mad:

Another bonus for baseball, saved you from watching Terra Nova. :embarrassed:
 
Who's watching this right now?

Holy 9th inning miracles Batman!

This series is turning out to be the best series since Atlanta/Minnesota 1991.

Awesome.
 
Didn't know you guys were posting about it here. I was on another thread. What a game. Of course I'm psyched. Game 7 tomorrow.
 
This series pretty much HAD to go seven. Theses teams are so evenly matched. What I love about baseball is that anyone can be the hero....
 
Have never watched baseball until this world series (well my uncle from near Dallas was visiting for a few days so I had no choice those times..) But I turned it to the game last night by myself. I doubt i'll get into it, but it is fun to watch these games. :embarrassed:
 
Back
Top