The 2020 Concert Thread

@Guitar Heel and I saw them a 9:30 a few years ago. They are really good live.

Yeah, we saw them at Wolf Trap last year w/ Toad and the Posies. Prior to that we saw them in 1995 co-headlining w/ DMB in Albany, NY and before that has one of the headliners of the HORDE tour in 1994 @ SPAC. We've always been big fans, we just got lax about seeing them live. Last year @ WT reminded us that we need to see them more.

Roger Hodgson is coming to town.
I nabbed center section floor seats.

It’s good to see bigger acts playing here.
We have Elton John and Jerry Seinfeld to thank for that.

Yeah, we saw them at Wolf Trap last year w/ Toad and the Posies. Prior to that we saw them in 1995 co-headlining w/ DMB in Albany, NY and before that has one of the headliners of the HORDE tour in 1994 @ SPAC. We've always been big fans, we just got lax about seeing them live. Last year @ WT reminded us that we need to see them more.

I also saw them years ago with Toad in Charlottesville.

Primus summer tour 'Tribute To Kings'. They will cover 'A Farewell To Kings', as well as their own songs.

7/18 at The Greek Theatre.
I just booked Orlando 6/3 for this. Could not be more excited! Me, dad, and sister are going.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just got tickets for Foo Fighters in Cincinnati May 14th.

After that got Alice Cooper coming up June 10th.

Then I'm taking my mom and sister to see Alicia Keys August 19th.

Those are the shows scheduled so far...

A buddy is coming out from California in April. We're going to see Tesla on the 15th and Papa Roach and Five Finger Death Punch on the 18th.

yeah, Phil is still belting out the lyrics.

I saw UFO open for Rush in 1978; yep, I'm THAT old :old: Hell of a show, to say the least ............
My cousin from Chicago saw the Strangers In The Night tour in Chicago. I saw them with Michael Shenker when they got back together for a reunion. it was epic.

I saw the Strangers In The Night tour in Santa Cruz CA. Judas Priest was the opening band. I wish I had seen them with Schenker, but Chapman filled those shoes pretty well.
I meant Strangers In The Night like the album. That's all Shenker. Chapman was great. I like ' No Place To Run'.

Paul Chapman played in the Irish Blues band Skid Row. That was the first professional band Phil Lynot and Gary Moore played in.

In 1987, Jon Bon Jovi asked Gary Moore to sell the Skid Row name for 35 grand. I dont believe he ever paid up.

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of very well known, great guitarist, and from virtually all genres of music in my 45 years of attending concerts.
Jeff Beck, SRV, Randy Rhoads, Van Halen, Billy Gibbons, Eric Johnson, DiMeola, Alex Lifeson, etc., there are just too damn many to list; it would take all day.
IMO there is no one out there that can do what Michael Schenker does in a live setting; the guy is a frickin MONSTER on his arsenal of Flying Vs.
The last time I saw MS play in 2018 he actually had four vocalist with him. I thought that was gonna be very lame but it was a frickin hoot.
If anyone ever gets a chance to go see MS play live, please go; you will not regret it. :old:

I have seen a lot of very well known, great guitarist, and from virtually all genres of music in my 45 years of attending concerts.
Jeff Beck, SRV, Randy Rhoads, Van Halen, Billy Gibbons, Eric Johnson, DiMeola, Alex Lifeson, etc., there are just too damn many to list; it would take all day.
IMO there is no one out there that can do what Michael Schenker does in a live setting; the guy is a frickin MONSTER on his arsenal of Flying Vs.
The last time I saw MS play in 2018 he actually had four vocalist with him. I thought that was gonna be very lame but it was a frickin hoot.
If anyone ever gets a chance to go see MS play live, please go; you will not regret it. :old:
I have seen him several times. I regret not seeing him with his 4 singers. Which singer do you feel sounded the best at that concert?

Gary Barden, Graham Bonnet, Robin McAuley, Doogie White, they were all excellent; hard to pick. Maybe Gary.
Would have been extreme to have Phil there too :idea: but seeing him in 1978 is still a great memory :rock:

We've got six DMB shows, three Avett Bros (so far...Mann in Philly, Wolf Trap, and Richmond), BNL @ Wolf Trap...so far

We'll be adding more shows, awaiting a few more announcements from Wolf Trap (they have three more announcement days scheduled for March?) and artists. Always checking for updates to the Birchmere and the Anthem too.

Really wanna see Leon Bridges, Widespread Panic, Nickel Creek again (if they do more than the Moon River Music Festival), Ani...the list could go on forever. Bill Frisell is playing the State Theatre in FAlls Church , VA on April 3. The official A Bowie Celebration is also there on March 24, so I gotta figure out if I'm going to that alone (if the boss lets me go at all).

Wanna see Primus doing Rush, but not Farewell to Kings. Maybe they'll do this every coupla years and work up different albums...

Back