The 2020 Concert Thread

Jay Gonzalez, who was on keys after Jason left, is now on guitar and keys. The first time I saw them, was their last tour with Shonna. I couldn't hear until 6 pm the next day :grin:

One thing they did this time, which I thought was super cool, was they played, what appeared to be their last song. Patterson just held his guitar in the air like he was done for the night, then he handed it to his guitar tech. Jay then handed his guitar to the other guitar tech and he went over to the keys. Then they played "People Who Died" with the techs on guitar and they each sung a part.
Yeah, they've been pretty loud every time I've seen 'em.

People Who Died? The old Jim Carroll punk song? That's going back a few years.

Well, I guess I shut this thread down. You're welcome!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’d be tempted if Genesis brought it to the U.S., but I don’t know if I’d actually pull the trigger. If, however, Gabriel were involved, I would DEFINITELY be going.

That said, I’d rather see Gabriel headlining a show.

I’d be tempted if Genesis brought it to the U.S., but I don’t know if I’d actually pull the trigger. If, however, Gabriel were involved, I would DEFINITELY be going.

That said, I’d rather see Gabriel headlining a show.

Seriously doubt a Gabriel-included reunion would happen now. Doesn't make sense really, as the general public aren't really interested in the old prog stuff, and Phil can't play drums much anymore. Us fans of the old stuff would love it though, obviously. For the old material it's best to go see Hackett or The Musical Box - both do great justice to those songs.

I haven't seen Genesis live before so I'm still looking forward to it, even though I'm not a fan of the stuff post-Duke. Just hope Phil has enough left in the tank for it to be a good show.
And Geordieland for a few days should be...entertaining. :embarrassed:

Seriously doubt a Gabriel-included reunion would happen now. Doesn't make sense really, as the general public aren't really interested in the old prog stuff, and Phil can't play drums much anymore. Us fans of the old stuff would love it though, obviously. For the old material it's best to go see Hackett or The Musical Box - both do great justice to those songs.

I haven't seen Genesis live before so I'm still looking forward to it, even though I'm not a fan of the stuff post-Duke. Just hope Phil has enough left in the tank for it to be a good show.
And Geordieland for a few days should be...entertaining. :embarrassed:

Agreed.

What could be quite cool and amazing would be a Genesis Festival...Genesistival (NOPE that sounds horrible). Play a few cities in Europe and a few in the U.S./Canada. Three nights. First night w/ Phil headlining, 2nd night Gabriel, 3rd night Genesis. Full sets from Mike & the Mechanics, Steve Hackett, and Banks (if he wants one or has the material) on these nights. Maybe Crimson too/instead of Banks (given Levin's association).

Big Big Train and Marillion could also get full sets as being two hugely Genesis influenced bands. But the cap would be the big night 3. The whole band back on stage. Peter and Phil singing their respective tunes. Hackett, Rutherford, and Banks on stage playing together again. Cover all eras of the band. Maybe have guests...

That would be a spectacular way to bookend their journey. As such, it will NEVER happen.

Last edited:
Richmond roadie?

@Chad @Guitar Heel

ABF8402C-BD9C-490B-8BE9-96E786871C7A.jpeg

Going Back For More? You Think You're Tough?

My uncle in law saw Stephen Pearcy at the grocery store. He said "I know you". He mentioned 5 really bad bands from the 80's until Stephen told him he's from Ratt.

thats awesome.

Back