The 2020 Concert Thread

gales-hector.fbevent72.jpg

Taking my nephew to see Tommy Emmanuel February 27th. Looking forward to that. No other shows booked for me so far.
I'd love to see the Peppers with Fruscanti. I have no idea if I spelled that right.

Did I ever report back on the Trey Anastasio show? Because it was pretty excellent.

Appeared to be the same band he had when I saw him 3 years ago, man they are all so good. One of the best-sounding horn sections I've seen. Natalie "Chainsaw" Cressman looks even younger than she did last time!

On the whole, I think the show in '17 edged a little more into transcendent territory, but Saturday night's show was great, glad we went. :thu:

Going to see the Avett Bros June 13 at the Mann in Philly, at VCULive on July 19, and at Wolf Trap on Sept 18.
We're looking at a few DMB shows in between and hoping to catch BNL again at some point during the summer.
Hoping to catch Widespread Panic, but they haven't booked the local venue they've been using for the last few years...
Want to catch Lukas Nelson & PotR. He was featured in the Last Waltz tour last year w/ Warren Haynes and he was great. Excellent vocal quality for Band tunes and a killer guitar player. Only played a beat up LP Jr and sounded killer.
Isbell, Steely Dan, Prine, & the Goat Session folks are also hitting Wolf Trap...

I keep scouring the NoVa, DC, & MD venues looking for good shows. Waiting for Wolf Trap to release their full summer schedule. Want to see more shows at the Anthem, gorgeous venue and not a bad seat in the house.

Going to see the Avett Bros June 13 at the Mann in Philly, at VCULive on July 19, and at Wolf Trap on Sept 18.
We're looking at a few DMB shows in between and hoping to catch BNL again at some point during the summer.
Hoping to catch Widespread Panic, but they haven't booked the local venue they've been using for the last few years...
Want to catch Lukas Nelson & PotR. He was featured in the Last Waltz tour last year w/ Warren Haynes and he was great. Excellent vocal quality for Band tunes and a killer guitar player. Only played a beat up LP Jr and sounded killer.
Isbell, Steely Dan, Prine, & the Goat Session folks are also hitting Wolf Trap...

I keep scouring the NoVa, DC, & MD venues looking for good shows. Waiting for Wolf Trap to release their full summer schedule. Want to see more shows at the Anthem, gorgeous venue and not a bad seat in the house.

I've been to a couple of shows at the Anthem, very cool venue. I'll be catching Isbell at Wolf Trap. Do you ever hit the Fillmore in Silver Spring, it's a great venue, but it sucks getting there from NoVA. I think I'm headed to 930 for the Drive-By Truckers at the end of Feb.

Do I need to get tickets to see Built to Spill in a small theater?

Sincerely,

—Guy who doesn't know the first thing about Built to Spill

Sincerely,

Sincerely,

I just discovered them a few years ago. I read an article about them and it described them as Dinosaur Jr meets REM so I started listening to them. I haven't gotten a chance to see them yet, but really want to.

Had planned to go the 9:30 Club to see Lukas Nelson & PotR, but Clem Snide will be at the Birchmere the same night, w/ Scott Avett...my wife will go to the Birchmere show, while I have to go to Lukas alone.

I don't want to go alonely...

Back