Show us your "home office" now that you work from home.

8791556997_3c90e5049a_b.jpg

On my bed, in my bedroom...the boss won't let me take or share b-room pics.

Mac and Dell laptops. iPads when needed. Coupla 6-string distractions.

We had an office/guest room, but this (academic) year was time for our 15 year-old to have him own room...so that's gone now. I need to find a new space to set up a real workspace (per best practices for home offices).

upload_2020-3-17_14-11-3.png

Yeah - it's a mess, but I normally work at home on the laptop on a portable desk, but for this duration I figured I needed the keyboard and mouse, so I've been working on the dining room table (where my wife keeps her teaching/craft supplies) since the middle of last week.

The computer desk and the work library
TztrTT7.jpg

The desk for reading/writing/drawing
8gnADLS.jpg

The closet full of guitars
gTFcUTm.jpg

Current home office desk from where I am working on the viral apocalypse. And the view in the other direction is what keeps me from curing this. Monitor on the desk is loaner from work so I can use my work laptop at home to actually work. The paper on the windows stops the sun from beating in during the afternoon. The iMac in back is normally on the desk alone, but work comes first these days. Ignore the second work laptop box in the middle of the floor.
BAF4CD07-94EE-4430-84A1-7CDE2114878F.jpeg
5E4ED6D2-E092-4BD4-BFDF-1BE9A8421F5C.jpeg

49672823257_f193653869_k.jpg

Normally I work on my hackintosh at the desk in the background, but being sick and all, the fold-out couch it is. Actually quite good to get some time with my new laptop and properly start the process of overhauling my work to windows.

The GF's finishing her/our album. She's brought some equipment from her studio home to work here, quite a lot more impressive than my work setup :embarrassed:
49671998678_c8763f3609_k.jpg

Current home office desk from where I am working on the viral apocalypse. And the view in the other direction is what keeps me from curing this. Monitor on the desk is loaner from work so I can use my work laptop at home to actually work. The paper on the windows stops the sun from beating in during the afternoon. The iMac in back is normally on the desk alone, but work comes first these days. Ignore the second work laptop box in the middle of the floor.
View attachment 54659 View attachment 54660
the original plan was for my office to be downstairs, with the gear. But the gear took up too much room, since we also wanted to make it a family/TV room. We only have one TV (on purpose), so I moved the desk upstairs. I don't regret that, but it would be nice to stare at my guitars all day. :)

the original plan was for my office to be downstairs, with the gear. But the gear took up too much room, since we also wanted to make it a family/TV room. We only have one TV (on purpose), so I moved the desk upstairs. I don't regret that, but it would be nice to stare at my guitars all day. :)

Only one TV? I can't believe you've lasted this long. Are you starting to enjoy the Fortnite videos? :grin:

Imagine a desk with a monitor and laptop in a room of guitars and an amp
...pretty much just like the rest of ya

49672823257_f193653869_k.jpg

Normally I work on my hackintosh at the desk in the background, but being sick and all, the fold-out couch it is. Actually quite good to get some time with my new laptop and properly start the process of overhauling my work to windows.

The GF's finishing her/our album. She's brought some equipment from her studio home to work here, quite a lot more impressive than my work setup :embarrassed:
49671998678_c8763f3609_k.jpg
off-topic for this thread, but what's the testing situation like over there? Have you been tested and confirmed as having Covid 19? (not that it matters since you're staying home and self-quarantining anyway, just curious)

off-topic for this thread, but what's the testing situation like over there? Have you been tested and confirmed as having Covid 19? (not that it matters since you're staying home and self-quarantining anyway, just curious)

Answered it in the corona thread to not derail this one :wink:

Back