Question: Replacement pickup suggestions...

The wiring color diagrams are in Russian!!!
I think the website had an English version.
But if anyone had any tips on doing this....I'm all ears. I'm nervous I'm gonna F it up.
I figure ill do one pickup at a time and just follow the wiring already there.
I'm assuming that I want to do the soldering before I install the pups into the new pickguard?

The wiring color diagrams are in Russian!!!
I think the website had an English version.
But if anyone had any tips on doing this....I'm all ears. I'm nervous I'm gonna F it up.
I figure ill do one pickup at a time and just follow the wiring already there.
I'm assuming that I want to do the soldering before I install the pups into the new pickguard?

In Soviet Russia, diagram wires you!

Correction:
The bucker seems to have 5 wires...?
5635f34e9eb7a2cc476f547b1618e0bc.jpg
82f559eda1d51145b5426444c1d80fe1.jpg

This is from a guy on the Splawn forum who told me about these pickups. He has some in his guitar.:

New pickup selection

Color codes for Fokin are:
For humbucker - standard series wiring-bare and black to ground
green and white tie together and isolate
red to switch(hot)
For single coils - white to switch(hot)
black to ground

There is schematic on their site and it's on english :)
http://www.fokinpickups.com/support/poleznaja-informacija/

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_fid=108332&share_type=t&share_pid=121056

So the black wires that just show an arrow... does that mean that it goes to ground? Same as the green wire in the Duncan diagram?

Yes, the arrow indicates ground, so Folkin's black and clear (or 'bare') wires are the same as Seymour's green.

How do you want to wire this? Are you going to have a coil split switch, do the "auto split" 4 position (the Duncan diagram I posted above), or just full-time 'bucker with no tap?

OK, I was able to get Google to translate it well enough to read-
View attachment 30699
Nice! What does it mean when it says white and green to isolate? Where do those go? Just tied together but not soldered to anything?
Also, where do the wires that go t ground go, on a potentiometer?

And lastly, how did you get google to translate that? I tried and couldn't get it...

How do you want to wire this? Are you going to have a coil split switch, do the "auto split" 4 position (the Duncan diagram I posted above), or just full-time 'bucker with no tap?
I think what I'd like to do is:

Position 1: Humbucker

2:standard( one rail of the bucker/middle...is that what stock is?)

3:middle

4:coil split bucker( is that even
possible?)

5:neck

Positions 2+4 could be reversed I suppose. It would probably make more sense.

Not sure if it matters but I've had the guitar modded to eliminate the uppermost volume pot. So now it only has 1 vol and 1 tone.

Nice! What does it mean when it says white and green to isolate? Where do those go? Just tied together but not soldered to anything?
Also, where do the wires that go t ground go, on a potentiometer?

And lastly, how did you get google to translate that? I tried and couldn't get it...
Yes to the first 2 questions. You can use the white and green wire tied together to connect a coil split switch.

I think what I'd like to do is:

Position 1: Humbucker

2:standard( one rail of the bucker/middle...is that what stock is?)

3:middle

4:coil split bucker( is that even
possible?)

5:neck

Positions 2+4 could be reversed I suppose. It would probably make more sense.
I'm not sure if this is possible. It would take some wiring trickery.

Back