Quarantine fitness jam

Still keeping up with the 3-4 mile runs each morning but the weight lifting has fallen off again this week - Only got one in. I've been having to work a little later in the afternoons so I lose my 1 hour gap between finishing work and starting kid duty, which is when the lifting happens.
Oh well, as long as I'm getting regular cardio that's kinda the main thing for health and longevity. Weightlifting is mostly just a vanity project.
 
I've crashed me bike! Or slid while on my bike - barely anything happened to it apart from the chain getting wrapped around the bottom bracket shell. I could've fixed it but of course I didn't bring the quick link tool so had to call for a ride. Amazing how fast your mind works. I took a turn too fast on some gravel and knew I was going down. Remembered a guy from some criterium commentary videos I'd watched a couple months ago talking about tucking in and taking it on the fleshy part or your upper arm instead of putting your hand out. Got some road rash on my forearm just below the elbow and a lump I think from the pedal hitting the non crash side leg just below the knee. Nothing at all on the crash side leg. By far the most successful of my three crashes even though I was barely moving with the first two.
 
I've crashed me bike! Or slid while on my bike - barely anything happened to it apart from the chain getting wrapped around the bottom bracket shell. I could've fixed it but of course I didn't bring the quick link tool so had to call for a ride. Amazing how fast your mind works. I took a turn too fast on some gravel and knew I was going down. Remembered a guy from some criterium commentary videos I'd watched a couple months ago talking about tucking in and taking it on the fleshy part or your upper arm instead of putting your hand out. Got some road rash on my forearm just below the elbow and a lump I think from the pedal hitting the non crash side leg just below the knee. Nothing at all on the crash side leg. By far the most successful of my three crashes even though I was barely moving with the first two.
Glad it wasn't worse!! Good job overcoming the natural instincts and falling well!
 
@sunvalleylaw 's pics on strava are giving me the major jealousy lately
He ya folks go. This is what Yabba is talking about from today’s lunch ride.


This is about 5 miles from my house. I rode here from my driveway, and then kept going. The dirt road starts about a mile from my house.
5E28A8E4-AEE2-4C77-8666-1E9504A0F47B.jpeg


Turned south and up where the road splits, and started climbing into the trees.
716579AB-3A79-4ACF-8324-729477BB8A84.jpeg

Turned around here where it was getting wet and people were making tracks.

7E0C77F1-8F3C-4558-95A5-C40CE5242903.jpeg



I don’t know why the pic turned sideways. Headed back downhill.
688AB91D-B567-4026-9B73-6EF8D8DD5B22.jpeg


Back at the little irrigation pond about 3 miles from home
E6414839-C6E4-4FE5-A0D4-3F32258AC3D2.jpeg
 
I've crashed me bike! Or slid while on my bike - barely anything happened to it apart from the chain getting wrapped around the bottom bracket shell. I could've fixed it but of course I didn't bring the quick link tool so had to call for a ride. Amazing how fast your mind works. I took a turn too fast on some gravel and knew I was going down. Remembered a guy from some criterium commentary videos I'd watched a couple months ago talking about tucking in and taking it on the fleshy part or your upper arm instead of putting your hand out. Got some road rash on my forearm just below the elbow and a lump I think from the pedal hitting the non crash side leg just below the knee. Nothing at all on the crash side leg. By far the most successful of my three crashes even though I was barely moving with the first two.
in situations like that i always ask myself "WWCCD" (what would christophercross do}
 
He ya folks go. This is what Yabba is talking about from today’s lunch ride.


This is about 5 miles from my house. I rode here from my driveway, and then kept going. The dirt road starts about a mile from my house.
View attachment 56321

Turned south and up where the road splits, and started climbing into the trees.
View attachment 56322
Turned around here where it was getting wet and people were making tracks.

View attachment 56323


I don’t know why the pic turned sideways. Headed back downhill.
View attachment 56324

Back at the little irrigation pond about 3 miles from home View attachment 56325
yeah , that's a little bit different from the mean streets of Chicago for sure!
 
Alright, new shoes arrived yesterday so I broke them in this morning. Ran (jogged lol) a ten-minute mile on the treadmill then came in and did pushups. Wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, after all this time. :grin:
 
My arms are absolutely wrecked after Wednesday. My left particularly so. I was going to do more resistance today but it's not going to happen so I did some p90x 3 yoga. My form was horrible and I'm nowhere near as flexible as those guys but it was still good to get a little something in.

A lot of it is just pump but Mrs JBJ said she's pretty impressed with my chest and arms already considering it's only been a week and a bit I've been back at it. She said my stomach is looking smaller too :thu:
 
yeah , that's a little bit different from the mean streets of Chicago for sure!
not that there aren't upsides too though - I get an extra boost to my heart rate when I accidentally disrupt a drug deal by running past a parked car in my neighborhood. cardio gains, yo.
 
not that there aren't upsides too though - I get an extra boost to my heart rate when I accidentally disrupt a drug deal by running past a parked car in my neighborhood. cardio gains, yo.
In Idaho you might get chased by a wild wolf....In Chicago you might get chased by a wild cop (if yer black) :embarrassed:
 
Got some shorter rides in up near the Sawtooth mountains in a getaway we were able to enjoy with our neighbors that we are co-sheltering with. Used my mountain bike mostly this weekend. Very pretty and very nice to get out of town. We saw NO other people so were able to maintain our distance properly and still get away. Grateful.

2B14D2CF-6BA8-467E-A8C3-CE871E0842E8.jpeg
8C1359F9-8E8E-4F7C-B01B-84BD068F9303.jpeg
073278FB-5D50-4A44-B439-7C3E061B9130.jpeg
 
Had to work in our hub today - 7 hours sitting around on seats made for 8 year olds watching kids watch DVDs - I was fighting sleep by the end of it. Got home and cracked out chest and back. Absolutely nothing going on with the pull ups for some reason but whatever, it's better than coming in and vegging on the couch.
 
Got a solid run/lift 2fer in today. Felt pretty good but I'm still a much better runner than weightlifter.
 
Ran again this morning. Legs felt pretty tired and heavy after doing squats yesterday. Still got er done.
 
Had a hectic morning getting a lot done. Going to crack out p90x back and biceps now. Did it last week and my arms were stiff and sore until the weekend so here's hoping it's a bit less painful this time :)
 
I spend 40 minutes a day on the erg. Never miss a day (ok, maybe one day a month). Then throw around some high rep medium poundage weights and maybe some ab work. So boring.
 
Back
Top