Places That Just Aren’t Your Jam

Every place has has something that’s a bummer. It has its good points too. You’re just not getting to the good. You don’t always get to see it being a stranger. Somewhere tonight in every unliked place mentioned there is a family. There is trust. There is love. There is someone holding on to something that’s wonderful that gets them through the next minute, hour, and day. Knowing that there is hope.

Every place has has something that’s a bummer. It has its good points too. You’re just not getting to the good. You don’t always get to see it being a stranger. Somewhere tonight in every unliked place mentioned there is a family. There is trust. There is love. There is someone holding on to something that’s wonderful that gets them through the next minute, hour, and day. Knowing that there is hope.

Well that is a positive message! :thu:

I still hate Oyster Creek NJ though :Wave:

Of course.
But you put the bad on one side of a scale and the good on the other. One usually outweighs the other by a good margin.

Of course.
But you put the bad on one side of a scale and the good on the other. One usually outweighs the other by a good margin.
See RC Church above. I have known many good people doing very good things with pure hearted intentions in accordance with their New Testament values. That said, looking at the grand scheme of impact, too much water under the bridge, too much damage, not enough change fast enough. Pull the plug on the organization. I am sure the Divine. (If one believes in that) will be fine without it.

I've noticed that the perception of "flat" is very relative.

I'm from NL, and trust me, where I'm from is FLATTTTTT. As in, no height differences in the landscape apart from man made features whatsoever.

Since we moved to Finland people here keep telling us it's "flat", but really, it isn't. It's hilly all over the place. Even in the city, our street is 2 full stories of a building higher than the next street over. Hell, our backyard has more elevation difference than the entire province I grew up in... It's no Norway with great mountain ranges and fjords and all that, but just because you don't have to blast through mountains to make a road doesn't mean it's flat.

I spent some time in NL ages ago, travelling around by houseboat seeing Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Utrecht and some other cities, as well as a good bit of the countryside. I was amazed by how much is below sea level and sometimes the canal is the highest point with roads going under it. I guess they call it 'the Venice of the North' for a reason.

Baraboo, Wisconsin. About 40 minutes north of Madison.

Yeah, I thought that looked like Devil’s Lake.

To be fair, not all of Baraboo looks like that. Most of it looks like the rest of Wisconsin.

C1A2EF96-DCA9-4069-8EE3-47E9A0A44850.jpeg

Of course.
I kind of know places and types I wouldn’t enjoy associating with and try to limit time there. But while driving the truck I drove through 42 states East to West and North to South. I had to stop all over; met all kinds of people. 99 percent of the time it was positive. Even when I had to be in really sketchy areas.

Back