OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well...if you did that....the billboards would just get burned down.

Yeah but it would be good for the 6 o'clock news and watching Fox go apeshit over it. Then I could force local law enforcement to go after the vandals as a hate crime :embarrassed:

I get what Mongooz is getting at but there is really no way of getting it fixed. Like when George HW Bush was running for president and went to a grocery store and was amazed at the machine that scanned the bar code. You know, the thing that had been in grocery stores for a decade. It showed how out of touch with the real world he was. When you listen to most of the GOP talking about healthcare, it shows how they have no clue what ordinary people go through with medical bills. It's real easy for them to say all you have to do is out in hard work and you can achieve anything, when they were sent to exclusive prep schools and had daddy give them a million dollars to start off with.
I agree with all of that. But by tying it to an arbitrary dollar amount you are now potentially blocking folks with educations and important jobs like say.... Tiltsta who I would guess makes a fine living but also worked his ass off to get the education to make that living which is also working towards the common good of everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are certainly valid concerns with lawmakers being out of touch with regular folks, and with having a de facto aristocracy. But if the alternative is to only have less-successful people running the show...

I guess if you equate wealth to success then they are successful. I don't really think of people who come from wealthy families successful. They've had everything in life handed to them by privilege. They've never earned anything. I know I am over generalizing and not all people born into wealth don't have real accomplishments, but I would love to see where Trump would have ended up if he was born to a single mom in a housing project.

Just because a lot of rich people are selfish and out-of-touch doesn't mean they all are. Obama certainly wasn't poor when he took office and I think he had some level of understanding what middle-and-lower class people go through.

If you took the Trump family money away I think Donald still would have grown up a prick.

I agree with all of that. But by tying it to an arbitrary dollar amount you are now potentially blocking folks with educations and important jobs like say.... Tiltsta who I would guess makes a fine living but also worked his ass off to get the education to make that living which is also working towards the common good of everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, its like I said, there is no real way to fix it. Same with term limits. In the end, they get rid of people who do nothing, but there have been some career politicians that have fought hard to improve the world.

I get what Mongooz is getting at but there is really no way of getting it fixed. Like when George HW Bush was running for president and went to a grocery store and was amazed at the machine that scanned the bar code. You know, the thing that had been in grocery stores for a decade. It showed how out of touch with the real world he was. When you listen to most of the GOP talking about healthcare, it shows how they have no clue what ordinary people go through with medical bills. It's real easy for them to say all you have to do is out in hard work and you can achieve anything, when they were sent to exclusive prep schools and had daddy give them a million dollars to start off with.
I would argue that it doesn't matter which party. You think that Democrats in the House and Senate came from hard-working middle class families? Think again. Almost without exception both sides of the aisle came from wealthy backgrounds. Sure there are exceptions, but they aren't the norm.

Just because a lot of rich people are selfish and out-of-touch doesn't mean they all are. Obama certainly wasn't poor when he took office and I think he had some level of understanding what middle-and-lower class people go through.

If you took the Trump family money away I think Donald still would have grown up a prick.
yea....but a powerless prick.

S
I guess if you equate wealth to success then they are successful. I don't really think of people who come from wealthy families successful. They've had everything in life handed to them by privilege. They've never earned anything. I know I am over generalizing and not all people born into wealth don't have real accomplishments, but I would love to see where Trump would have ended up if he was born to a single mom in a housing project.
Success is not measured by where you are, but from where you started.

I would argue that it doesn't matter which party. You think that Democrats in the House and Senate came from hard-working middle class families? Think again. Almost without exception both sides of the aisle came from wealthy backgrounds. Sure there are exceptions, but they aren't the norm.
yes, but in most cases, the dems are not trying to take everything away from those who already have next to nothing. the gop is.

I was only pointing examples, but both parties are full of rich guys. I will say going on presidents alone, far more "came from money" guys have been on the GOP side in my lifetime.

This Southern pride/States rights/Northern oppression/slaver denialism bullshit...

Needs to be crushed.

192wd8.jpg

And I say this as an Arkansas native who has lived in the South the majority of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back