OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in the supernatural, but I'm pretty sure Cruz signed a pact with the devil.

Ted_Cruz_Mephistopheles.gif

http://mic.com/articles/140735/in-o...-out-cruz-s-stance-on-masturbation#.pQ23CCFD7

Craig MazinVerified account‏@clmazin
Ted Cruz thinks people don't have a right to "stimulate their genitals." I was his college roommate. This would be a new belief of his.

This isn't the first time Mazin has bashed Cruz — back in 2013, he told The Daily Beast, "I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United States. Anyone ... I would rather pick somebody from the phone book," and Mazin has referred to Cruz as "a nightmare of a human being" on Twitter, according to Mother Jones.
:grin:

Because we are not supposed to comment in @Mark Wein 's poll thread for who you would vote for, I will comment here. Bernie has a huge margin over there. Problem is, the Weiner Superdelegates make it so that don't matter. :embarrassed:

To be honest I thought there were more conservatives here. I kinda wish everyone would throw an honest vote in.

To be honest I thought there were more conservatives here. I kinda wish everyone would throw an honest vote in.
i DID make an honest vote. i voted for Kasich. but he'll never get on the ballot IRL.
so i will likely end up voting for Hillary, because i WILL NOT vote for cruz or trump.

also....most folks here are musicians and in general musicians are not the most conservative group in america. just sayin'

i DID make an honest vote. i voted for Kasich. but he'll never get on the ballot IRL.
so i will likely end up voting for Hillary, because i WILL NOT vote for cruz or trump.

also....most folks here are musicians and in general musicians are not the most conservative group in america. just sayin'

There is the theory that the Republican party (the party itself, not Republican voters) is hoping for a contested convention, and then they'll pick Kasich as their candidate because he's the only way the Republicans will beat Clinton. The fact that the party hasn't forced Kasich to quit (at this point he cannot win without a contested convention) lends some credence to this theory.

There is the theory that the Republican party (the party itself, not Republican voters) is hoping for a contested convention, and then they'll pick Kasich as their candidate because he's the only way the Republicans will beat Clinton. The fact that the party hasn't forced Kasich to quit (at this point he cannot win without a contested convention) lends some credence to this theory.

Except he won't beat Clinton.

Except he won't beat Clinton.

He could if the Republicans could rally the Republican voters behind him - including all of rednecks that Trump has gotten riled up who normally don't vote. The Republican party is so out of touch, I wouldn't doubt they think they can switch in their preferred candidate at the last minute, and all the Republican voters (including the Trump supporters) will still vote Republican just to keep Clinton out - despite being pissed off about their candidate getting screwed out of the nomination.

But I think that's where they are mistaken - if Trump doesn't get the nomination, the majority of his supporters will simply go back to their recliners and bitch about the sad state of 'Murica. They won't bother to actually vote.

If the Republican party nominates Kasich, it will be disastrous for them. On the other hand, they are pretty much screwed if they don't pull a switch-a-roo, so why not?

- despite being pissed off about their candidate getting screwed out of the nomination.

i don't see where trump is getting "screwed out of the nomination". i don't care what kind of twaddle he screams about....the delegates are DOING their job, the way the rules say they're supposed to. that asshole just wants to change all the rules to suit him. and IF the delegates cast their vote for someone else after the first vote, then they are both doing their job and saving america from a dangerous lunatic, again, doing their job. that's what they are supposed to do.
even if a candidate DOES get the popular vote, the delegates job is to ensure that the candidate is fit to serve as POTUS.
and if he's/she's not, then the delegates vote for someone who IS.

that's not getting screwed out of the nomination. that's getting your ass handed to you for shooting off your mouth in such a way that you appear to be dangerous for the national good. his own damn fault.

i don't see where trump is getting "screwed out of the nomination". i don't care what kind of twaddle he screams about....the delegates are DOING their job, the way the rules say they're supposed to. that asshole just wants to change all the rules to suit him. and IF the delegates cast their vote for someone else after the first vote, then they are both doing their job and saving america from a dangerous lunatic, again, doing their job. that's what they are supposed to do.
even if a candidate DOES get the popular vote, the delegates job is to ensure that the candidate is fit to serve as POTUS.
and if he's/she's not, then the delegates vote for someone who IS.

that's not getting screwed out of the nomination. that's getting your ass handed to you for shooting off your mouth in such a way that you appear to be dangerous for the national good. his own damn fault.

You think his supporters will see it that way?

Oh, and interestingly enough, I heard a Republican delegate on NPR this morning say that delegates are not bound on even the first vote. He claims that one of the convention rules allows delegates to vote their conscience - even on the first poll. http://www.npr.org/2016/04/14/47419...mary-wins-absolutely-irrelevant-at-convention

You think his supporters will see it that way?

Oh, and interestingly enough, I heard a Republican delegate on NPR this morning say that delegates are not bound on even the first vote. He claims that one of the convention rules allows delegates to vote their conscience - even on the first poll. http://www.npr.org/2016/04/14/47419...mary-wins-absolutely-irrelevant-at-convention
i did not know they could vote their conscience on the first vote. interesting.

also, i don't give a rat's ass in a fart storm WHAT trump's supporters think. the way they've acted at the rallys indicate that they are pseudo-nazis.

i did not know they could vote their conscience on the first vote. interesting.

That's not an absolute conclusion. The commonly held belief is that delegates are bound for the first poll. If no candidate meets the resulting criteria, then then the delegates are free to vote however they like. That delegate who stated otherwise seems to be taking a very liberal interpretation of rule 37 and 38.

It will be interesting to see if NPR follows up with the RNC leadership for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back