OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe how recently people were talking about him or Condi Rice running for POTUS on the GOP ticket.

In this very thread, there were forumites expressing their dismay that he hadn't run for the GOP nomination. Even though he has now endorsed Democrats in three consecutive presidential elections. He knows that his party is beyond hope or redemption.

I know it’s naive, but I honestly didn’t expect the GOP to go batshit crazy like this. I wasn’t expecting some great statesman to come out and pick up the nomination. I wasn’t even really expect a black man, much less a black lesbian to get the nomination—but at least the idea was kicking around. But Trump getting the nomination on a xenophobia platform and then going for broke? I honestly didn’t expect this. T And what makes me worry that much worse crazy shit I couldn’t imagine is coming.

Superhero comic books changed a lot in the 2000s. Kevin Smith once gave a lecture and credited this to Osama Bin Laden. Prior to 9/11 the idea of a wealthy genius lunatic terrorist, living in remote cave, scheming to blow up buildings and draw American into a war in the middle east, was the kind of thing that only happened in campy Marvel comics like the Fantastic Four. Only a tiny handful of intelligence operative took the notion seriously. After 9/11 the world had its own Doctor Doom and it changed the way western civilization perceived villainy.

To me Trump is like that. I really didn’t see it coming. I know I looked at the numbers and saw the math happening. But this dumpster fire of a campaign is far beyond what I imagined. And why I consider the future it’s a mess of crazy possibilities. There’s a tiny possibility that the Dems sweep both houses of Congress and the teabaggers just go out to their garages to polish their guns in peace. But I can see a lot more ways in which American politics gets even worse. And plenty of ways this all turns violent.

14721663_10207291136865963_7868685215319571604_n.jpg

http://uproxx.com/news/megyn-kelly-newt-gingrich-argument-obsessed-sex/

The guy so obsessed with sex that he divorced his wife while she was in cancer treatment, then had an affair with a congressional aide while he was going after Bill Clinton for *his* sex scandal has suddenly decided that Kelly has an obsession with sex over policy? #GTFO

She wiped the floor with him while remaining cool and calm,
telling Gingrich, “You can take your anger issues and spend some time working on them.”

They were simpler times...
View attachment 30279

And that right there is why I voted for Obama in the primaries. Now had she selected Yeti, I would have been all over that.. Of course that would have been difficult as it would have had to have been a natural-born U.S. Yeti, but he was available and she went to the predictable and uninspired choice of Bigfoot. That guy's never around when you need him...

http://uproxx.com/news/megyn-kelly-newt-gingrich-argument-obsessed-sex/

The guy so obsessed with sex that he divorced his wife while she was in cancer treatment, then had an affair with a congressional aide while he was going after Bill Clinton for *his* sex scandal has suddenly decided that Kelly has an obsession with sex over policy? #GTFO

He cheated on (at least) two wives, and ended up marrying two of the women he cheated with.

He's a real peach. And not particularly smart, either.

The past six years of this election have been so weird: they're sometimes making me actually root for Megyn Kelly, who's a person with just flat terrible opinions and positions.

I'm amazed that Megyn Kelly managed to keep her job. She's never cowed to Trump and is as decidedly centrist/unbiased a reporter/personality that has ever been on Fox.

This is not to say she's amazing journalist, but she's good not taking shit and not letting her guest get away with their bullshit.

House Republicans are already preparing for ‘years’ of investigations of Clinton - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/A2lygtAZ6SbWN6QCHiigdwQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's helpful to remember that, by now, the GOP and the Fox/AM radio media machine are essentially the same animal. So..."investigations" drive ratings and ratings drive the dollars. It's never really gonna stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back