OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given that it's Amy Schumer, no surprise there wasn't an actual joke involved in that story.
The bigger surprise is that hardline Trump supporters would go see her, unless they were totally ignorant of her politics & material.

This OTOH, is hilarious:

Michelle Obama To DNC: ‘After This Election You Dipshits Are On Your Own’

" First Lady Michelle Obama reportedly informed the Democratic National Committee today that they would be completely on their own once the election was over. “You dipshits better get someone else lined up to make your little speeches about the power of unity and compassion, because in a couple weeks I’m done with this bullshit,” said Obama, who noted that, come Election Day, the Democratic Party would no longer be able to trot her out whenever they needed an uplifting and intensely personal message that could win over crucial voters. "
http://www.theonion.com/article/michelle-obama-dnc-after-election-you-dipshits-are-54234

I think if the republicans plan to obstruct a SCOTUS pick for 4 years they are going to find themselves out of jobs. Nothing sits well with those crucial moderate voters like obstructing the judicial branch of the government in addition to already failing to vote on anything as a legislative body. Derailing two of the three branches of government because you can't get what you want through legitimate elections is a stupid and spiteful thing. Our Congress will be lucky to escape this move with their lives. I'm not sure what will happen when their approval rating hits zero.

If that is real, I hope it really backfires on him. And anyone else who supports it. Failing to perform the basic functions of government is not acceptable, and cannot lead to anything good for anyone in the long run. See the Fukuyama articles and interviews I have been posting/referencing.

Talk about not reading the hand writting on the wall in your own party...it's not like this type of partisan politics had anything to do with Donald Trump becoming the GOP nominee or anything.

Well, that's a great strategy for them if they want to make sure to lose the house and senate for a few election cycles.

14721717_10154580427256779_820830314936332936_n.jpg

There's a new billboard in Dearborn, Michigan. It says in Arabic: "Donald Trump: He can't read this, but he's afraid of it."

Brought to you by the good people at Cards Against Humanity

Unfuckingbelieveable.
This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The GOP's MO since 2006, and really since the gingrich revolt, has been to be as petulant and obstructivist as possible. It's worked for them for 20 years. Now the returns are diminishing but by gum, they're gonna stay the course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back