OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world, the Republican party would split into moderate Republicans, and the teaparty/religious caliphate/redneck party. Unfortunately, they can't afford to - neither faction would ever be able to take on the Democrats (especially considering how far toward the center the Democrats have shifted).

My prediction is that for the next few cycles, the Republican party will trot out a series of Trump-lites - racist/misogynistic enough to foment the masses, but stopping short of being obnoxiously unelectable.

Duck Dynasty guy will be the 2020 nominee. Calling it now...

In an ideal world, the Republican party would split into moderate Republicans, and the teaparty/religious caliphate/redneck party. Unfortunately, they can't afford to - neither faction would ever be able to take on the Democrats (especially considering how far toward the center the Democrats have shifted).

Unfortunately, the Republican party has seen that moderate (I use that term loosely) republicans (Kasich, Rubio, etc) can't get support, the religious zealots (Cruz, Carson) can't get the support, and the teaparty (Paul) can't get the support. What they have seen is that there is HUGE (HUGE I tell you) previously untapped group of racist/misogynistic rednecks to pander to for votes.

My prediction is that for the next few cycles, the Republican party will trot out a series of Trump-lites - racist/misogynistic enough to foment the masses, but stopping short of being obnoxiously unelectable.
Pretty accurate description of the problem. I hope your prediction does not come true. I can't take another election season like this one.

i just got a robo call (here at work) from D.T.'s campaign office in NY.
"i'm donald trump....hillar..." (i hang up)

i wonder if they have a timer setup to find out just how fast people are hanging up on them. he got about 2.5 seconds out of me. rolleyes1

i just got a robo call (here at work) from D.T.'s campaign office in NY.
"i'm donald trump....hillar..." (i hang up)

i wonder if they have a timer setup to find out just how fast people are hanging up on them. he got about 2.5 seconds out of me. rolleyes1
You need to work on your reaction time. I think they have apps for that now.

For a political Friday. . . Some Uncle Neil getting political for you. I WON'T QUIT!

And the full live album, as it is just really fitting for Friday. Sounds great in my care turned up.

Here is your dose of Neil politics. I really want to play that Seed Justice song with those guys. Neil looks like he is having so much fun with Lukas and Micah Nelson and the band. They do too.

Last edited:
14650664_654505584716716_1769893902238270303_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back