OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, based on what Trump's son has said, tonight's debate is far more important than many folks might think. Per the twit offspring, Pence will have more responsibility (therefore power) than any previous office holder (um no...cough CHENEY cough). Pence would be responsible for all foreign policy and many domestic issues as Trump focuses on making America great again.

Who the fuck is Pence to be given that kind of power? He isn't a failed Presidential candidate, just a Trump yes man that hasn't been publicly ripped apart by the blonde wonder. The Trump supporters shouldn't be voting for a guy who's just going to pass off all of the important work to someone else...although that's been his M.O. forever. The President needs to be present and involved.

And now I'll stop.

In the wake of the tax return exposure, Trump's surrogates are suggesting that he is a tax genius & who better to close the loopholes than the guy who knows them inside and out?

serious question: In addition to being a "business genius" & reality TV personality, Donald Trump apparently regularly studies the federal & state tax codes in sufficient detail to be the "tax genius" he and his team have declared him to be.....do even the most staunch Trump supporters actually find this a credible claim?

In the wake of the tax return exposure, Trump's surrogates are suggesting that he is a tax genius & who better to close the loopholes than the guy who knows them inside and out?

serious question: In addition to being a "business genius" & reality TV personality, Donald Trump apparently regularly studies the federal & state tax codes in sufficient detail to be the "tax genius" he and his team have declared him to be.....do even the most staunch Trump supporters actually find this a credible claim?

You mean that horrid group of deplorable twits?

I think you give them too much credit in regards to intellect and related skills. These folks don't give a crap about anything that isn't going to make 'merica great aggin!

I have to chime in on the tax thing. I loathe Trump, but he didn't do anything wrong/unethical/illegal regarding his taxes. Businesses declare losses, and they spread those losses over a period of years to lessen (or eliminate) their tax burden. If Trump had an S corp., he'd pay himself a salary, and that would be taxed as income. He's probably an LLC, so he takes a shareholder's draw instead, which wouldn't be taxed as income. The media and Clinton continuing to pound away on this issue is stupid. There are plenty of valid reasons to go after Trump; this isn't one of them.
Now, the fact that he lost almost a billion dollars in one year, OTOH, is a pretty fucking big red flag if he's supposed to be such a great business guy.

You mean that horrid group of deplorable twits?

I think you give them too much credit in regards to intellect and related skills. These folks don't give a crap about anything that isn't going to make 'merica great aggin!

So much of this specific instance is at odds with itself that you have to suspend reality for it to make sense and it should be in the grasp of any adult that has a bank account or filed their own taxes.

We can only hope all of this lands Trump in jail for tax evasion.

I haven't seen any suggestion that he has actually evaded taxes but then again, no one is going to know that from a glance at a couple pages of a return.

I have to chime in on the tax thing. I loathe Trump, but he didn't do anything wrong/unethical/illegal regarding his taxes. Businesses declare losses, and they spread those losses over a period of years to lessen (or eliminate) their tax burden. If Trump had an S corp., he'd pay himself a salary, and that would be taxed as income. He's probably an LLC, so he takes a shareholder's draw instead, which wouldn't be taxed as income. The media and Clinton continuing to pound away on this issue is stupid. There are plenty of valid reasons to go after Trump; this isn't one of them.
Now, the fact that he lost almost a billion dollars in one year, OTOH, is a pretty fucking big red flag if he's supposed to be such a great business guy.

well....as far as the 'legal' part....that kind of depends on how the valuation of the losses were arrived at. if the vaulation of losses were grossly exaggerated....then that's FRAUD!!

well....as far as the 'legal' part....that kind of depends on how the valuation of the losses were arrived at. if the vaulation of losses were grossly exaggerated....then that's FRAUD!!
Well, sure. So someone needs to find out about that. But that's not what the press and the Clinton campaign are talking about. It's all about, "He didn't pay taxes for 18 years... wah!" It's yet another instance of oversimplification and knee-jerk idiocy.

I didn't think this kind of stuff was allowed over here. But I'm glad it's hear because while sifting through all the Trump News Dandruff, a lot of people missed an historical event.

Step 1: Write a Bill called the 9/11 remembrance Act (or something like that) that allows us 'murricans to sue those Saudi bastards for 9/11.
Step 2: Push it through the house and senate in a matter of weeks. Have everyone vote for it because they don't want to be remembered for voting against a 9/11 bill.
Step 3: Present it to the President, who immediately vetoes it, stating "This opens the US to lawsuits to any citizen of a foreign country.
Step 4: Override the Veto in two days because Obama is a Muslim.
Step 5: Realize what you've done and then blame Obama for not talking about it earlier. HE VETOED IT!!!

I didn't think this kind of stuff was allowed over here. But I'm glad it's hear because while sifting through all the Trump News Dandruff, a lot of people missed an historical event.

Step 1: Write a Bill called the 9/11 remembrance Act (or something like that) that allows us 'murricans to sue those Saudi bastards for 9/11.
Step 2: Push it through the house and senate in a matter of weeks. Have everyone vote for it because they don't want to be remembered for voting against a 9/11 bill.
Step 3: Present it to the President, who immediately vetoes it, stating "This opens the US to lawsuits to any citizen of a foreign country.
Step 5: Realize what you've done and then blame Obama for not talking about it earlier. HE VETOED IT!!!
It's rather a new low for our developmentally challenged congress.

Heading out to do some doorbelling this afternoon from 5 until 7:30, about a half hour into the debate. This article from 2014 shows the margins for local races, with the preferences varying great

Yah, pretty interesting there is no real coverage, other than what I heard on NPR.

Well, sure. So someone needs to find out about that. But that's not what the press and the Clinton campaign are talking about. It's all about, "He didn't pay taxes for 18 years... wah!" It's yet another instance of oversimplification and knee-jerk idiocy.

But it's just one part of an ongoing pattern. He declared bankruptcy to avoid paying alimony to Ivana. He manipulates the system with pride and always has. He's bragged about declaring bankruptcy to avoid having to pay off debt via his own mismanagement. Trump connives to find any and every loophole to avoid paying anyone he can even to the point of filing bankruptcy as a regular occurrence to avoid paying debts AND taxes. It is certainly no coincidence that the numbers in his 1995 return were enough to afford him the opportunity to avoid paying taxes. He's the type that would have purposely lost that amount for real to avoid paying taxes on decades of future earnings. That said, I highly doubt that nearly billion figure is accurate, but they won't get to bottom of it before the election and his supporters don't and won't care either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back