OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only October surprise is that the Giants are steamrolling their way into the playoffs. Again.

well, there was one bombshell

When the UAW responded to Trump's comment about Ford moving to Mexico, they confirmed that the Bronco and Ranger are coming back!

"We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco comingto Michigan Assembly, that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does," Johnson said, emphasis ours."
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31019/ford-bronco-ranger-confirmed-uaw-trump/

:grin:

^^^^^^^^^^
EDIT: Holy Crap! What timing of those two posts ,one after another.

Good article shared by a friend of mine on FB. A good ol' punk rock loving, mountain bike and crotch rocket riding, public defender (but not @Brian Krashpad ) A smart scot as a matter of fact.

Trump Is Only the Symptom
The rise of loud, proud stupidity has reshaped American politics

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/about-thinking/201610/trump-is-only-the-symptom

Spread the word: Presidents should be smart and well informed.
Bump. This article needed to be bumped so more people read it.

well, there was one bombshell

When the UAW responded to Trump's comment about Ford moving to Mexico, they confirmed that the Bronco and Ranger are coming back!

"We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco comingto Michigan Assembly, that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does," Johnson said, emphasis ours."
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31019/ford-bronco-ranger-confirmed-uaw-trump/

:grin:

Just in time for OJ to be up for parole.

I know exactly what I am supposed to do now. Just like it was before this bullshit. Pick the best of the available candidates, and vote. Bernie didn't make it, so reboot. I am in no way a Clinton supporter, but I will definitely be a Clinton voter. The choice is easy, though painful.

my point was that there are lots of people who are not as sure as you about which way to go. and don't like either direction enough to maybe not bother at all.
i'm just sayin'

They need to be sat down and made to understand that the lesser of two evils is, in this instance, 10s of millions of fucktons less evil.
in the next 35 days....who's going to do that? they might get a better direction from the debates, but most in the middle don't even want to watch them.

in the next 35 days....who's going to do that? they might get a better direction from the debates, but most in the middle don't even want to watch them.
I am headed out in to my community to try to encourage some people to take a closer look at just that. Like Flamencology said, if one is the lesser of two evils, it is times eleventh-billion less. With SCOTUS, and so many other things, it is important. But even more importantly in my community, it is important to get involved in the local races. The main thing is to get a bit educated, and come out and vote.

my point was that there are lots of people who are not as sure as you about which way to go. and don't like either direction enough to maybe not bother at all.
i'm just sayin'

If there are people who are unsure of what to do at this point in the race, maybe voting just isn't for them. Like I said, I'm not happy to be voting for Hillary but it is what must be done.

I simply cannot fathom 'just not voting'.

I don't think I would ever want the term "death spiral" used to describe the state of my campaign.

"The Trump Organization’s dealings with the Iranian bank shed more light on Trump's wide-ranging business interests, which sometimes stand at odds with his blunt declarations on the campaign trail. Trump has denounced Iran as a “big enemy,” blasted Hillary Clinton for not taking a harder line against the Iranian regime and charged that donations from foreign governments to the Clinton Foundation amounted to evidence of corruption. His five-year stint as Bank Melli’s landlord provides an example of the Trump Organization itself doing business with a government hostile to the United States.

“It’s a pretty hypocritical position to take,” said Richard Nephew, who served from 2013 to 2015 as principal deputy coordinator of sanctions policy at the U.S. State Department and spent nearly a decade working on Iran sanctions in the administrations of George W. Bush and Barack Obama. “It suggests that his principles are pretty flexible when it comes to him getting paid.”

I don't think I would ever want the term "death spiral" used to describe the state of my campaign.

"The Trump Organization’s dealings with the Iranian bank shed more light on Trump's wide-ranging business interests, which sometimes stand at odds with his blunt declarations on the campaign trail. Trump has denounced Iran as a “big enemy,” blasted Hillary Clinton for not taking a harder line against the Iranian regime and charged that donations from foreign governments to the Clinton Foundation amounted to evidence of corruption. His five-year stint as Bank Melli’s landlord provides an example of the Trump Organization itself doing business with a government hostile to the United States.

“It’s a pretty hypocritical position to take,” said Richard Nephew, who served from 2013 to 2015 as principal deputy coordinator of sanctions policy at the U.S. State Department and spent nearly a decade working on Iran sanctions in the administrations of George W. Bush and Barack Obama. “It suggests that his principles are pretty flexible when it comes to him getting paid.”
perhaps there is more to him not releasing his taxes than how much he made or how much he paid in taxes. perhaps they would begin to divulge where the money is coming from.....outside this country.

perhaps there is more to him not releasing his taxes than how much he made or how much he paid in taxes. perhaps they would begin to divulge where the money is coming from.....outside this country.

My guess is that they'd show he makes most of his money from The Apprentice, and not actual business. It'd shatter his image of being a hugely successful businessman who dabbles in reality TV as a hobby, and show him as a con artist whose only real commercial value is hype.

My guess is that they'd show he makes most of his money from The Apprentice, and not actual business. It'd shatter his image of being a hugely successful businessman who dabbles in reality TV as a hobby, and show him as a con artist whose only real commercial value is hype.

Trump’s finances were examined a few years ago by an unauthorized biographer (whom Trump sued for suggesting that, at the time, Trump might not have been a billionare). Trump does make most of his money from real estate. That’s why estimates of his wealth are dramatically different–expensive property valuations are hard to put together. He also makes a lot from licensing the Trump name.

14440705_10154067390892998_6249709190952136634_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back