OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest thing about conspiracy theories, "new world order", and "the liberal media" is that all of these overarching plots is that they require MASSIVE amounts of cooperation, secret keeping, plotting and planning.

We can't get large amounts of people to agree or work together on ANYTHING smoothly... airlines, the medical industry... hell we can't even get a majority of Americans to even go out and vote.

It's always one voice whether it's Fox news or a guy with a tin foil hat screaming that ONLY THEY have the right information... everyone else is conspiring against YOU... you're all SHEEP if you listen to them. It's sad that so many people are incapable of doing their own logical and critical thinking. :facepalm:

I say the same thing about people who only get their news from Fox, MSNBC, and CNN. :tinfoil:

"A US Secret Service official confirms to CNN that the USSS has spoken to the Trump campaign regarding his Second Amendment comments.
"There has been more than one conversation" on the topic, the official told CNN. But it's unclear at what level in the campaign structure the conversations occurred.
The campaign told the USSS that Donald Trump did not intend to incite violence, according to the official.

"No such meeting or conversation ever happened," Trump tweeted in response to CNN's report."

:lol:

It's sad that so many people are incapable of doing their own logical and critical thinking. :facepalm:

i actually do place some real blame on the schools on that one.
when i was in high school (i can't find the old codger smilie) the next day after some speech or rally or whatever,we would be in social studies/civics class and the teacher would have us taking apart what was said. what was meant. what was being inferred.

i don't think they do that much anymore. i don't know. but kids don't seem to be asking many questions about that sort of thing.

when i was in high school (i can't find the old codger smilie) the next day after some speech or rally or whatever,we would be in social studies/civics class and the teacher would have us taking apart what was said. what was meant. what was being inferred.

i don't think they do that much anymore. i don't know. but kids don't seem to be asking many questions about that sort of thing.
We still do it.
This is the second time in a week you've made an assumption about what schools aren't doing anymore based on some I can't even guess.

There would be no time to learn anything else, or participate in sports, or eat lunch.

We still do it.
This is the second time in a week you've made an assumption about what schools aren't doing anymore based on some I can't even guess.

It's best to ignore him when he talks about how great his education was. He obviously didn't pay attention enough to learn the appropriate use of capital letters.

In many cases the teachers hands are tied. SO much curriculum is dictated from the state level and they "teach for the test" where much of what good qualified teachers would like to teach instead are being forced to spend most of their time teaching kids what they'll need to pass a standardized test pushed down from the state government.

This is one of Pence's biggest failings as a Governor, which has lead to Indiana having one of its biggest teacher shortages on record. His policies have driven good teachers out of the field and discouraged new teachers from even entering the teaching profession.

In many cases the teachers hands are tied. SO much curriculum is dictated from the state level and they "teach for the test" where much of what good qualified teachers would like to teach instead are being forced to spend most of their time teaching kids what they'll need to pass a standardized test pushed down from the state government.

This is one of Pence's biggest failings as a Governor, which has lead to Indiana having one of its biggest teacher shortages on record. His policies have driven good teachers out of the field and discouraged new teachers from even entering the teaching profession.
Just to be fair and balanced, the federal government also has their fingers on everything. Although the constitution leaves education to the states, they can press schools that get Title 1 funding to do their bidding.

An actual Trump quote. messedup0

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer,
Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes,
OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart
—you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if,
like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the
smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a
conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's
why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went
there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my
like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but
you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would
have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear
is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the
power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of
what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?),
but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it
used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I
would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because,
you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter
right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about
another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians
are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

Source: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4546796/donald-trump-sentence

An actual Trump quote. messedup0

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer,
Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes,
OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart
—you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if,
like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the
smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a
conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's
why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went
there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my
like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but
you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would
have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear
is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the
power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of
what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?),
but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it
used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I
would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because,
you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter
right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about
another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians
are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

Source: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4546796/donald-trump-sentence

It reads like a political Naked Lunch.

But they weren't.

You don't know that. He's also crazy enough to make sure nothing written about him that was negative would survive.

It would make for great sketch comedy. The Donald as Alexander the Great, Julius Ceaser, etc... I'd watch it.

You don't know that. He's also crazy enough to make sure nothing written about him that was negative would survive.

It would make for great sketch comedy. The Donald as Alexander the Great, Julius Ceaser, etc... I'd watch it.
We live in the world of teh Intarwebnetz. Everything survives. Google will ensure that.

If we're going to talk about historical figures like The Donald, there's always Nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back