OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Employers are clearly justifying price increases. Whether it actually makes an impact is what I question.

Yeah. I think a lot of employers/owners are padding margins and blaming labor/pro-worker policies.

And in plenty of states and municipalities where the federal min wage from 2009 ($7.25) still reigns, workers are likely not seeing any trickle down from price increases that undoubtedly have happened in the last 10 years.

i'm as serious as a freakin' heart attack, there NEEDS to be a test, prior to the nomination process, that disqualifies alternate fact, rambling idiots from the political process.
this orange cotton candy haired jackwagon asshole has NO BUSINESS running the country.
this isn't about republican or democrat, it's about not allowing f'ing loons to run things.

That's what the Electoral College should have done. It didn't work.

Maybe it's just because I'm a "big government loving liberal" but perhaps it's time to create a fourth branch of government- held in check by the judicial and legislative branches - solely for the purpose of handling electoral issues, including gerrymandering and state oversight off local elections. That's the only way I can picture us getting the systemic change we need, other than going all "Off with their heads!" on the Oligarchs, but the Bachelor is on, and my Papa Johns is out for delivery, so someone else can do that. ::facepalm:

That's what the Electoral College should have done. It didn't work.

Maybe it's just because I'm a "big government loving liberal" but perhaps it's time to create a fourth branch of government- held in check by the judicial and legislative branches - solely for the purpose of handling electoral issues, including gerrymandering and state oversight off local elections. That's the only way I can picture us getting the systemic change we need, other than going all "Off with their heads!" on the Oligarchs, but the Bachelor is on, and my Papa Johns is out for delivery, so someone else can do that. ::facepalm:
while i agree with the judicial oversight thing, a simple test would a lot cheaper and faster. have the person sit down with a couple shrinks and a rorechardt test or two and decide right then. :grin:

Switzerland has no national minimum wage law, but the current rate is 22 chf/usd. Things cost a bit more, but people in stores actually give a fuck about their jobs and are helpful and happy. You can live on 22 bucks an hour, even with the higher prices here.

while i agree with the judicial oversight thing, a simple test would a lot cheaper and faster. have the person sit down with a couple shrinks and a rorechardt test or two and decide right then. :grin:

Are you a pacifist? That’s a mental illness. Are you insufficiently capitalist? Mental illness. Black? Inept! A woman? Hysterical! Gay? Sick!

This is a TERRIBLE IDEA.

Also, the conservative suggestion that companies would switch to robots and automated kiosks if you raised wages hasn’t happened here at all. Unemployment is super low, and I’ve seen ONE self check out kiosk in a year.

It's funny, I frequent 2 of the local McDonalds and they installed the automated kiosks about a year ago. I think I have seen someone use them once or twice. It seems to be a giant waste of money on their part.

Also, the conservative suggestion that companies would switch to robots and automated kiosks if you raised wages hasn’t happened here at all. Unemployment is super low, and I’ve seen ONE self check out kiosk in a year.

Well yeah. We're all obsolete if employers go that way (or rather, once they inevitably DO) but if you decimate the entire workforce, there's no one to buy your product. A slow roll out and adoption of the automated kiosks for customer service is the only way to avoid a new depression and a new industrial revolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Schlossberg's law firm gets pummeled with 1-star Yelp reviews after racist rant
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...lossberg-racist-rant-law-firm-yelp/618406002/

2 Elected Officials to File Complaint Against Man in Anti-Immigrant Rant
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/nyregion/anti-immigrant-rant-manhattan.html

"Representative Adriano Espaillat, a New York Democrat who was born in the Dominican Republic, said on Thursday that he was filing a grievance with the court system against a man, believed to be a lawyer, who spewed a racist rant at Spanish-speaking workers in a Manhattan lunch spot."

Reactions: Tig
4B5A168E-CB49-4A44-A594-70B48CDC3C41.jpeg

Unemployment is super low here in Boulder so all the grocery stores and Target have put in self-checkout systems.

Unemployment is super low here in Boulder so all the grocery stores and Target have put in self-checkout systems.

I suppose that is an outcome in a low unemployment market. We import French and German cross-border workers when there are labor shortages, but I can imagine that might not work in such a large state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back