OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanging out with Obama looks like a lot more fun for her than this: :grin:
jabba-the-hut.jpg
6bed996b7cd5284501478f250b8df38b.png

^^ Nothing like having a convicted felon stumping' for your campaign. Sadly, it will probably sell well as his felony conviction means to many that he isn't a deep state operative of the Obama conspiracy.

^^ Nothing like having a convicted felon stumping' for your campaign. Sadly, it will probably sell well as his felony conviction means to many that he isn't a deep state operative of the Obama conspiracy.
That’s how I see it. Never thought that actually being guilty of being an unregistered foreign agent while also being a member of the federal government with an extremely high security clearance was a badge of honor. Yay turkey! I mean america...

FB_IMG_1524425343902.jpg

Jim Wright of Stonekettel Station -

"Another Sunday morning, another attack on the press from the President of the United States.

"Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd of Fake News NBC just stated that we..."

Wait.

Back up.

Sleepy Eyes?

Sleepy eyes? What? I asked (rhetorically I thought) my audience on Twitter, what does "Sleepy Eyes" even mean as an insult?

Huh?

Sleepy Eyes Chuck of the Fake News? I said, "it's like he's tweeting really bad fanfic one line at time. Fifty Shades of Fly Hair Tiny Hands."

Sleepy eyes.

Ok. Sure.

Except ... well, I should have known better. Several readers pointed out that "sleepy eyes" is an anti-Semitic dog-whistle, a racist insult regarding Jews.

And I thought, no, that can't be ... right, can it?

It can. It is. And it's far worse than that.

I did not know "sleepy eyes" was an anti-Semitic slur.

But it sure didn't take long to find the truth.

The term's origin comes from a list of criteria used by Nazi secret police to determine who might be a jew. This list includes traits such as a widow's peak, dark curly hair, attached earlobes, weak or pointed chins, thick lips with a commonly protruding lower lip, head shape including a low sloped forehead and high flat back of skull ... and thick eyelids giving a wary expression of "sleepy, untrustworthy eyes."

This list was promulgated to the German population via the Gestapo and other Nazi authorities, and commonly used to identify suspected Jews for arrest and removal.

After WWII and the Nazi's defeat, that list naturally found it's way to various neo-Nazi, White Supremacist, and other anti-Semitic groups.

"How to spot a jew" is a common search phrase on Google, and the results are hundreds of variations on this list of Nazi-originated criteria.

Chuck Todd is Jewish, a fact that Trump most certainly knows.

It is unlikely in the extreme that Trump would pick "sleepy eyes Chuck Todd" as an insult at random and without malice aforethought.

While Trump himself may or may not know the origin of the insult and who commonly uses that slur today, it's obvious he surrounds himself with people who use this term openly in the halls of government and business and who DO know what the phrase means and how it is intended.

The President of the United States calling a Jewish person "sleepy eyes" isn't funny or clever or harmless.

There are echoes of the Holocaust ringing in that phrase.

If Trump DOESN'T honestly know that he's engaged in an anti-Semitic slur (and I am loathe to grant him that benefit of doubt), one of Nazi origin, that doesn't make it better, it makes it WORSE.

It makes it worse, because this tells you, Citizen, who he surrounds himself with and how Trump's willful blithe ignorance of history enables and encourages their shameless hate and bigotry.

More than anything, this is yet another indicator of just how dangerous and unqualified Trump is to be leader of any nation, let alone the United States of America."

View attachment 40370

"Another Sunday morning, another attack on the press from the President of the United States.

Wait.

Back up.

Sleepy Eyes?

Sleepy eyes? What? I asked (rhetorically I thought) my audience on Twitter, what does "Sleepy Eyes" even mean as an insult?

Huh?

Sleepy Eyes Chuck of the Fake News? I said, "it's like he's tweeting really bad fanfic one line at time. Fifty Shades of Fly Hair Tiny Hands."

Sleepy eyes.

Ok. Sure.

Except ... well, I should have known better. Several readers pointed out that "sleepy eyes" is an anti-Semitic dog-whistle, a racist insult regarding Jews.

The term's origin comes from a list of criteria used by Nazi secret police to determine who might be a jew. This list includes traits such as a widow's peak, dark curly hair, attached earlobes, weak or pointed chins, thick lips with a commonly protruding lower lip, head shape including a low sloped forehead and high flat back of skull ... and thick eyelids giving a wary expression of "sleepy, untrustworthy eyes."

This list was promulgated to the German population via the Gestapo and other Nazi authorities, and commonly used to identify suspected Jews for arrest and removal.

After WWII and the Nazi's defeat, that list naturally found it's way to various neo-Nazi, White Supremacist, and other anti-Semitic groups.

"How to spot a jew" is a common search phrase on Google, and the results are hundreds of variations on this list of Nazi-originated criteria.

It is unlikely in the extreme that Trump would pick "sleepy eyes Chuck Todd" as an insult at random and without malice aforethought.

While Trump himself may or may not know the origin of the insult and who commonly uses that slur today, it's obvious he surrounds himself with people who use this term openly in the halls of government and business and who DO know what the phrase means and how it is intended.

The President of the United States calling a Jewish person "sleepy eyes" isn't funny or clever or harmless.

If Trump DOESN'T honestly know that he's engaged in an anti-Semitic slur (and I am loathe to grant him that benefit of doubt), one of Nazi origin, that doesn't make it better, it makes it WORSE.

It makes it worse, because this tells you, Citizen, who he surrounds himself with and how Trump's willful blithe ignorance of history enables and encourages their shameless hate and bigotry.

More than anything, this is yet another indicator of just how dangerous and unqualified Trump is to be leader of any nation, let alone the United States of America."

I'm Jewish and I didn't know it went back to the Holocaust. I thought it was unprofessional and certainly demeaning, and just another in a line of terrible things Trump says about people. I guess I should know better though. You learn something new every day.

View attachment 40370

Wait.

Back up.

Sleepy Eyes?

Huh?

Sleepy eyes.

Ok. Sure.

Wow, I didn't know the reference. Has anyone in the media commented on this at all?

That’s how I see it. Never thought that actually being guilty of being an unregistered foreign agent while also being a member of the federal government with an extremely high security clearance was a badge of honor. Yay turkey! I mean america...

Three words: Oliver North [spit!]

Last time I saw Pearl Jam, it was in the field house at U of MT in support of Jon Testor. This August, Dane and I are seeing them at their football field, and PJ has already announced it will be a get out the vote for Montana event. Stands to reason Testor will be included in that again. That will be fun. And it makes for a good show, as I think the band really wants to nail it to support Ament's family friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back