OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide if twitter were to ban him, if that would be good or bad. On the one hand, he would have his biggest outlet taken away but on the other hand, I can't imagine what he would do if he got banned.

I think it's good that we get daily reminders of the problem we have on our hands. (The problem being the person in the Oval Office, not the subjects of the tweets)

Hell, even Marc Rubio believes that the Russians have meddled in our elections and that the FISA surveillance was by the book and necessary. However, he then says that doesn't mean that there was "definitely collusion" between Trump and foreign agents, just Russians interfering.

My dad and I were discussing that this weekend. First, he meets with Jong-un, then Putin. Are we shaping up to be the next Axis Powers?
The meeting with Kim was a big mistake. Should've never gone, but every president that I can remember (going back to Kennedy anyway) has visited Russia. Some were more successful than others. The last one was pretty low on that list. I don't think we're forming the next Axis Powers.

Trump Weighs Stripping Security Clearances From Officials Who Criticized Him
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/23/us/politics/trump-security-clearances.html

Trump threatened on Monday to strip the security clearances of former national security officials who have criticized his refusal to confront Russia over its election interference, a move that would apply the powers of the presidency to retaliate against some of his most outspoken detractors.

Trump threatened on Monday to strip the security clearances of former national security officials who have criticized his refusal to confront Russia over its election interference, a move that would apply the powers of the presidency to retaliate against some of his most outspoken detractors.

I hope he does. That might be a great tipping point for Mueller to drop some serious shit.

I listened to part of an interview with Clapper today and his comment was that his keeping the clearance was a courtesy and might be useful if he were needed to consult on something with the current administration if they were dealing with something that was an issue when he was in his previous position but that he never sees classified information and removing it from people like him is really just them being petty. Sarah Huckabee Sanders apparently said that they were doing it because people like him were "monetizing their security clearances" by being paid consultants on TV but the reality is that everyone who has ever had a senior level clearance like him uses that status in some way for their post-government employment.

I listened to part of an interview with Clapper today and his comment was that his keeping the clearance was a courtesy and might be useful if he were needed to consult on something with the current administration if they were dealing with something that was an issue when he was in his previous position but that he never sees classified information and removing it from people like him is really just them being petty. Sarah Huckabee Sanders apparently said that they were doing it because people like him were "monetizing their security clearances" by being paid consultants on TV but the reality is that everyone who has ever had a senior level clearance like him uses that status in some way for their post-government employment.

And the issue of removing these clearances just comes up now, on the eve of the trial of his campaign chairman. I'm sure things will get worse for Don, and he will have to do petty shit like this, and attack Iran, and probably a lot worse to try to keep the wolves at bay. It isn't going to work.

And the issue of removing these clearances just comes up now, on the eve of the trial of his campaign chairman. I'm sure things will get worse for Don, and he will have to do petty shit like this, and attack Iran, and probably a lot worse to try to keep the wolves at bay. It isn't going to work.
Also, who is Trump to criticize someone for monetizing their government employment after the fact when he is blatantly doing while serving as the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/23/politics/trump-security-clearances/index.html

Rand Paul apparently has always hated Brennan.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 3.18.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 3.19.19 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back