OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the Republican tax cuts are failing workers, in one chart

DioPXF1WkAAf972.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Hell, even Marc Rubio believes that the Russians have meddled in our elections and that the FISA surveillance was by the book and necessary. However, he then says that doesn't mean that there was "definitely collusion" between Trump and foreign agents, just Russians interfering.
I think it's pretty obvious the Russians meddled with the election, and I think most everyone agrees with that. Even Trumps says he does...kind of...until he says something else that contradicts that, lol. The questions are really about the level, and who was involved with the meddling.

Was it Russian state/government sponsored meddling? Putin says no, and I suppose it is possible that those listed in the indictment were acting independently, but I seriously doubt it.

Will it ever be proven that the Russian government was behind the meddling? Doubtful. I mean, the CIA may well have the evidence to show that it was, but I doubt that the US will push that...at least not publicly. That evidence may be discussed behind closed doors with Russia, but since there is no international court to rule on Russian guilt in this matter, I don't see that evidence becoming public. I think the best we can hope for is a strong push back (which hasn't happened so far, obviously) and us learning a hard lesson about cyber security and being smarter about it in the future.

Did Trump actually collude with the Russians to meddle with the election? So far, there has been no hard evidence to say there was. With everything that has been probed, investigated and leaked so far, you'd think something would have come out by now. The gray area seems to be when was there knowledge and does inaction imply meddling? That's for the lawyers to decide. My belief is that the Trump campaign was communicating with the Russians to get dirt on Hillary and/or those lost emails, which although still dirty, is not quite the same as election meddling. Is that illegal? I honestly don't know, but I suspect "dirt for sale" is pretty common in US politics, unfortunately.

So why does Trump keep contradicting himself on this? My hunch is his ego is so big, that he cannot admit to himself that he did not win fair and square. To admit that the election was meddled with would imply that it was not a "clean" win for him, and he just can't bring himself to do that. Most politicians by now would have said something along the lines of, "Russians meddled, but I was not involved". It's truly bizarre that he continues to stir the pot with the "witch hunt" nonsense. Again, I think this is largely ego driven.

That's my take anyway. I know it doesn't line up with all the conspiracy theories out there, and I could be wrong, but to me those seem to be based on circumstantial evidence. I'll change my mind when something concrete is found. I now fully expect bunch of replies telling me why I'm wrong. :grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back