OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that meddling is here to stay, but much of that meddling was bogus information spread through social media. The sad part is how many folks make their voting decisions based on their facebook feeds.
people who make their voting decisions based on facebook, shouldn't be voting.

I agree that meddling is here to stay, but much of that meddling was bogus information spread through social media. The sad part is how many folks make their voting decisions based on their facebook feeds.

It is very scary. Even scarier when all it takes is a 30 second google search to see most of that shit is fiction but people can’t be bothered to look into it.

You only have to 18 to vote. I suspect the majority of folks under 30 spend more time on social media than they do looking for truth in reported news.

Shit, not just folks under 30. When I go out to parties in my neighborhood, half the women there are on FB or instagram more than there are talking to people. The age range of these folks are early 40s to early 50s.

Yes we'd like all idiot racists to be embarrassed somehow, but that dark spot in the pic just looks like a shadow. I don't like having to suspend disbelief for meaningless memes. I only do that for scary movies.

It's kind of like everyone saying the white guy that drives the monster truck must have a small dick, or some complete asshole has a small dick. I hate to have to let the cat out of the bag, but some complete assholeish short white guys that drive monster trucks have big dicks. Dick size isn't distributed by karma to equalize the world.
Did you run out of med's, or are you a monster truck driving nazi that was offended by a meme that makes fun of nazi assholes while not actually comparing dicks? (just kidding, of course)
But seriously, did a white supremacist getting scared by a pissed off black guy meme actually bother you?

We should ALL be anti-fascists.
richard-spencer-punch-gif-6.gif

Last edited:
I’d say that people who get their “news” from Fox, Breitbart, conservative radio, etc., don’t get any news either.

I really don’t think that it’s an age thing.
Well, that's just it. Nobody should be trusting a single source, but especially if that single source is a social media feed. I do believe that with age, comes a healthy amount of skepticism, which would make older folks more likely to verify information from more than one source. Like all generalizations, this isn't a blanket truth, but more of a trend. I think if you polled folks over 30 and folks under 3o who had Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, the numbers would be much higher for those under 30...or wherever in there you want to draw the line. Similarly, if you polled those same folks how much of their internet time was spent on social media vs fact finding, I think the numbers would be very similar.

Well, that's just it. Nobody should be trusting a single source, but especially if that single source is a social media feed. I do believe that with age, comes a healthy amount of skepticism, which would make older folks more likely to verify information from more than one source. Like all generalizations, this isn't a blanket truth, but more of a trend. I think if you polled folks over 30 and folks under 3o who had Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, the numbers would be much higher for those under 30...or wherever in there you want to draw the line. Similarly, if you polled those same folks how much of their internet time was spent on social media vs fact finding, I think the numbers would be very similar.

I don’t think it has anything to do with age, so much as education, upbringing, and environment. It’s absurd to think that skepticism comes with age; the Vietnam protesters weren’t grandparents.

I do believe strongly in getting my news from multiple sources, but there are plenty of sources that I trust to be factually correct.

i sort of agree. i think folks over 40 (50) may pay more attention to traditional news sources than those younger. and that may be because 25 to 35 years ago those were the only real sources available.

i'm over 50 and here is a screen cap of my yahoo main page. i've got just about every legitimate news source loaded. i don't get any info from social media.

41723480030_3488a15df3_b.jpg

I don’t think it has anything to do with age, so much as education, upbringing, and environment. It’s absurd to think that skepticism comes with age; the Vietnam protesters weren’t grandparents.

I do believe strongly in getting my news from multiple sources, but there are plenty of sources that I trust to be factually correct.
We'll agree to disagree then. I totally agree that upbringing and environment play a huge role, but I believe age does as well.

A lot of the Vietnam protesters are grandparents now. :grin:

ted is a fucktard. he's been running around saying everyone should be able to be armed all the time, anywhere they want to for like 40 years.
BUT.....no at my shows, cuz.....you know......i don't want some libtard shooting me. fuck him.
as far as i'm concerned, he's put out two decent records: Free For All (made particularly good by Meatloaf doing the singing), and Cat Scratch Fever.
otherwise, total asshole.
i was a card carrying member of both the NRA and TNWB (Ted Nugent's Bowhunter's World) back in the 80's and into the 90's and then some curtains got pulled back a little and i realized the NRA was an uber right wing political organization bordering on fascism (1993-94). i resigned my membership. and shortly after that ted became a raving lunatic right wing fringe and i quit his club.
done with all of them.
What gets me is the people that believe his bullshit on this. They always say "it's security that doesn't let them in, and they're hired by the venue!" All Uncle Ted would have to do is write up a legal brief excusing the venue from liability for any damages caused by firearms. If he really believes that shit he preaches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back