OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it far fetched for me to think this was just an elaborate ploy to get Pence into office?

On his own he would never be able to be elected, so they just needed to find someone crazy enough and a liability that will make Pence look ‘moderate’
i don't think that the majority of them are that smart or ingenious. i really think they thought cheeto could be 'steered' like a car. i think pence was a gift to the right wingnut christians.

i think that if they had known what a f'ing loose cannon cheeto would be, they'd have NEVER even considered him.

Trickle down? Fuck, no!
30624740_1922635097749077_7760950848512114261_n.png

Source - Robert Reich

you're being way too kind
A person can live a good life with herpes. Not so much with that guy.

Also, I am seeing lots of comments on how WTF do "we" (nutjob "conservatives" making comments on facebook) care about him? He has been a traitor and obstructed Cheeto all but once, and such like that.

Our future is in motivating the younger voters and those others who stayed home and are horrified by all this. No reasoning with these others. Nothing new. Just realizing it more than before. I always used to think I could convince some one or at least open their minds with a good discussion. Not thinking that as much any more. Again, nothing new. Many here would say about time I woke up. @mongooz see edit

Last edited:
A person can live a good life with herpes. Not so much with that guy.

Also, I am seeing lots of comments on how WTF do "we" (nutjob "conservatives" making comments on facebook) care about him? He has been a traitor and obstructed Cheeto all but once, and such like that.

Our future is in motivating the younger voters and those others who stayed home and are horrified by all this. No reasoning with these others. Nothing new. Just realizing it more than before. I always used to think I could convince some one or at least open their minds with a good discussion. Not thinking that as much any more. Again, nothing new. Many here would say about time I woke up. @mongooz see edit

sorry about my pessimism, but after decades of watching the right wing descend into the 7th level of hell, and dragging the country with them,
these days i won't give a republican the time of day. their position is and always has been 'give all the money to the corporations and fuck everyone else'.

i don't think that the majority of them are that smart or ingenious. i really think they thought cheeto could be 'steered' like a car. i think pence was a gift to the right wingnut christians.

i think that if they had known what a f'ing loose cannon cheeto would be, they'd have NEVER even considered him.

Pence was absolutely an enticement to the evangelical Christian crowd. He was put in place so the the "moral majority" could feel good about voting republican despite Trump's decided lack of values.

However, the republican party very much wanted Trump. They knew none of the other candidates had a snowball's chance in hell of beating Clinton. The Republicans knew that Trump had IRS problems. They knew about his Russia ties. The Republican party would protect Trump so long as he signed their bills and supported their causes, and they knew Trump knew that. He would stay on their leash, or go to jail.

I think the republican party knew Trump would be a nightmare, but didn't really care figuring that when he became more of a liability than an asset, they'd throw him under the bus, and they'd still have Pence. I've long said that the party is keeping Pence very much distanced from Trump.

Pence was absolutely an enticement to the evangelical Christian crowd. He was put in place so the the "moral majority" could feel good about voting republican despite Trump's decided lack of values.

However, the republican party very much wanted Trump. They knew none of the other candidates had a snowball's chance in hell of beating Clinton. The Republicans knew that Trump had IRS problems. They knew about his Russia ties. The Republican party would protect Trump so long as he signed their bills and supported their causes, and they knew Trump knew that. He would stay on their leash, or go to jail.

I think the republican party knew Trump would be a nightmare, but didn't really care figuring that when he became more of a liability than an asset, they'd throw him under the bus, and they'd still have Pence. I've long said that the party is keeping Pence very much distanced from Trump.
i agree that they're keeping pence as far away from cheeto as possible, liablility wise. but still really think they thought they could control him better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back