National Hockey League 2018-2019

My disgust with Leafs fans is all about hockey - they're entitled, snobby, and marry self-serving irrationalism with delusions of grandeur. At least Canadiens fans don't lie and make sad excuses. Leafs fans are the ultimate fair-weather, know-something-but-a-lot-less-than-they-think semi-casual watchers.

There is a reason they're hated by almost every other fanbase.

As for talking about DeBrusk's roughing up of Kadri, this is the old canard of casual sports fans: focusing on one call while ignoring the rest of the game. The Leafs had plenty of similar plays, they just got their asses kicked so bcos Leafs culture there is a shitload of whining about it. Only other team to whine this much is the Canucks, and they're irrelevant. You would never, ever, ever see Canadiens fans whine and piss and moan like this.

I disagree with all of that to the point that it seems you're analysis is that of a casual fanbase watcher.
 
FIFY

I mean what the fuck? Giving away a goal in the first minute of each period is not how you inspire confidence and set your team up for a win.

I just want to say that EK65 played that Stone goal weak as F. Yeah, he was on the other side but he let Stone waltz right in there. The 2 EKs seem to be doing pretty well when it comes to points but EK65 is a minus.

Loving the Pittsburgh trials and loving Columbus' success. I still think Boston in 5 or 6.
 
He needs to sit at least the next two games. I'm not saying Dell is any better, but he sure as hell can't be any worse right now!

I don't see how Jones can start given the last 2 games but DeBoer is known for sticking with veterans so :shrug: I certainly wouldn't start him given the year he has had. Maybe he's dealing with a small issue that has caused this regression but it's no excuse. Dell is ...over-enthusiast shall I say sometimes with his saves but 4 goals in the his last 4 periods inside of the 1st 5 minutes isn't a recipe for success. There needs to be a change before it's too late (if you argue it already is I wouldn't counter)
 
I don't see how Jones can start given the last 2 games but DeBoer is known for sticking with veterans so :shrug: I certainly wouldn't start him given the year he has had. Maybe he's dealing with a small issue that has caused this regression but it's no excuse. Dell is ...over-enthusiast shall I say sometimes with his saves but 4 goals in the his last 4 periods inside of the 1st 5 minutes isn't a recipe for success. There needs to be a change before it's too late (if you argue it already is I wouldn't counter)
I don't think it's too late, nor all Jones' fault that they lost those 2 games. The Sharks were chasing the puck much of the time, making bad passes and generally looking like they did the last 2 weeks of the season.

Still, you can't kick your own team in the balls over and over.

I'm hoping to see Dell on Tuesday. I'm also quite bummed to not see Donskoi on the ice, but it's been sooooo long since he scored a goal. Not sure what is up with him. Hopefully he will get a chance for redemption.
 
Deboer wants a guy with grit on the ice (Haley) even though he has (relatively) hands of stone. Jonas might get in the lineup to replace a guy like LeBanc if he was hurt but I doubt he would replace Haley even though the speed might be good against Vegas. I couldn't watch last nights game as I was out to dinner with friends. But the early goals (16 secs for the 1st) fall more to the goalie IMO. You need your goalie to make stops for you at certain times and Jones (and Dell for that matter) haven't done that all year long. It's quite true that the skaters are part of the problem but even when they weren't the goalies have given up too many goals on 2 few shots. Given how Vegas played last year getting 3 goals on them should give you a decent chance to win. The Sharks have gotten 3 goals in each game yet trail 2-1. It isn't too late but this was the real weakness all year of the Sharks and I had hoped that they had gotten over it after the 1st game (0.926 S%) but no...since then no one has been over .900. Those numbers get you sent to the AHL not starting in the playoffs :reallymad:

I just saw that Thornton might get suspended for a hit to the head. I went and saw the play and while I think that he might have tried to avoid contact (it was hard to be sure from the angle I saw) the league has had a low (nearly zero but not quite) tolerance for head hits so he'll likely get 1 game is my thinking. Timing is bad for SJ
 
Last edited:
Bruins were feisty, but once again poor puck management cost them the game.

There's some sort of hive-mind thing missing with them. They had it all Feb/March; where'd it go?
 
I had seen Ovi in a few scuffles over the years but nothing like that. A real K.O.

Marner: hardest working 175 pounds in hockey.
 
Back
Top