National Hockey League 2018-2019

Pretty tight game. I don't know how they didn't call goaltender interference on Toronto's first goal but that's hockey.

Calgary gone.

There was a great bit that Don Cherry did about John Tortorella - giving refuge to abused horses and dogs which were headed to be euthanized I think. Just some still photos. Nice to see. I have been a fan of him for a long time.
 
Pretty tight game. I don't know how they didn't call goaltender interference on Toronto's first goal but that's hockey.

Calgary gone.

There was a great bit that Don Cherry did about John Tortorella - giving refuge to abused horses and dogs which were headed to be euthanized I think. Just some still photos. Nice to see. I have been a fan of him for a long time.

Yeah, Tort's previous bad rep has been pretty much quashed in Columbus. Early on, he still had the tendency to put select guys in his doghouse, but decided a couple of seasons ago to soften his approach in that regard. He has a great relationship with the local media, and his animal rescue has been a big part of that. He has a weekly show on the big sports talk station where the dogs are discussed just as much as hockey.

I severely got the East wrong so far, but I have nailed my West picks - I thought there was a good chance that all of the lower seeds could take Round 1, and it's starting to look that way.
 
Thank goodness the St Louis Blues overcame the numerous (3?) six year old racist tweets of a 19 year old entitled rich boy Canadian 4th string goalie and decades long city-wide institutional racism to pull out a first round series victory. :eyeroll:

It’s a shame they have no shame. Please no applause. Let’s give a shout out to the city of Winnipeg and all the other NHL based cities for fixing their city-wide racism. Surely they deserve a lift of Lord Stanley’s Cup.
 
I am pretty openly anti racist but those comments came from a kid. Can the kid learn as he gets older? I think so. Has he said as much? Yes. Was anti burka stuff all over the news and a hot button topic for years? It sure was.

The province of Quebec even passed laws against burkas in some situations. I don't know what the middle ground should be in this situation.
 
Wagon has a life, went to farm party over weekend.

Scroll back to my post after the first game: this team is not uber-talented enough to lay a big, fat egg in a home playoff game and make a run. Let alone two big, fat eggs.

Much as I love this Bruins squad, they haven't overcome three things that have challenged them all year: inexperience (which is what leads to the inconsistencies); injuries (yeah 'that's hockey' but this makes the inconsistent play of the kids more glaring); and the culminating fatigue.

They're just not there yet. Makes it much worse to lose to pile of shit franchise like the Leafs (at least it isn't the Penguins). I wouldn't have minded bowing out to Torts and Columbus, Caps, or Isles. The Leafs? That's going to sit badly for some time. God, do I hate their fanbase.

Pastrnak is going to have a lot to answer for next season. Missed almost two months from an injury from falling down drunk, and then has had a completely off/on series so far. Krejci not exactly dominating either, and he's supposed to be a veteran presence.

I don't think the B's need to make any changes; they just need the kids to get more experienced and maybe this will be the hard lesson they need to learn.
 
2 games going to game 7. Good stuff. One I thought might happen at the start and then thought no way and one I never guessed would go 7. Think Nashville can add another one to the mix? I'm not so sure. Bishop has played very well as has the Seguin line, while Rinne has not played that great

I'm hoping we can score tickets to the Sharks Game 7. I've been to elimination games before but never a game 7.
 
Boston fan is riding the wave!

Talk about coming back from the brink, the Sharks were absolutely dead after that 5-0 beatdown in game 4.

This is why Weste Coaste Gentlefolke don't understand hockey; there's no "wave riding."

You are born on the wave. You are the wave, probably from age 3-4. There is no such thing as 'not interested.'

That doesn't change my reaction to the team; none other than Mike Milbury agreed with me in his pre-game commentary. When he heard that the Bruins spoke of 'urgency,' he said "I have a problem with that. How is it possible you don't feel urgency in a playoff game?"

Even yesterday, with their entire season riding on the line, the Bruins stopped skating for the first half of the third period with the dreaded two-goal lead.

These are bad mental habits, and absolutely the kind of things that cost good teams a chance to win the Cup. People usually blame coaches, or some bad player attitudes, but I don't see those. I just think the team is mentally exhausted, and that's unfortunate timing.
 
Re: Sharks/Knights.

As any Shitsburgh fan can tell you, Fleury letting in a soft goal at a key moment is no surprise.
 
I'm surprised by the final score in the Sharks/Knights game. The entire game it looked to me that Vegas had more jump, better speed, and better passing, but that's the way things go sometimes. Tomorrow is going to be interesting...
 
Knights just didn't get good shots on net - the "Jones was amazing" narrative is true insofar that he made no glaring errors, but I didn't see many shots I'd describe as "labeled" either. Don't really know - didn't join until P2.

Still, though, #@(*$% & Fleury.
 
Knights just didn't get good shots on net - the "Jones was amazing" narrative is true insofar that he made no glaring errors, but I didn't see many shots I'd describe as "labeled" either. Don't really know - didn't join until P2.

Still, though, #@(*$% & Fleury.

You are correct. Jones played well, but the Sharks defense was much stronger, and didn't allow a lot of scrums in front of the goal. I think having Vlasic back was key to success in games five and six.
 
Still Vegas carried the play and that cannot happen in Game 7. Neither goal played bad...given the score though Fluery clearly blew it on the GWG. But especially in multiple OT's that tends to be the kind of goal that wins it. Everyone is exhausted and only a minor lapse that never would happen in the 1st 3 ends up deciding things.

Jones was really good though. Sure the shots weren't superhigh quality but looking at the shot quality they weren't all routine saves either. 59 shots is a ton under any circumstance.
 
God, Ovechkin is a drunken Russian bum.

What a loser. I respect the Caps' history, but this guy ... what an embarrassment to have that as the face of the franchise. Utter shitbomb.
 
Neither goal played bad...given the score though Fluery clearly blew it on the GWG.

Can't have both. Fleury's a dog; always has been. Ask Shitsburgh fans.

As for "58 saves ...." it was an okay game; if you tip your hat, it's to stamina, not exceptional execution. He kept himself in position and the Knights shot it right into his midsection time and again. That's not difficult for a goalkeeper.
 
Back
Top