Achtung! Who else doesn't like

Yeah, I think that Santa is way way far down on the list of things that you'll say that will fuck up your kids, even if you're the best parent ever.

As the token MW Jew, I've been scratching my head over this phenomenon that seems to infect a larger portion of each year for decades. I just don't understand the lemming-like, grim procession to overcrowded malls with thronged parking lots in search of a bunch of crap that nobody really needs for reasons that defy logic, religious significance or any semblance of sanity.

Me -- I like holidays that feature lots of good food, companionship and perhaps a football game. Thanksgiving is right in my sweet-spot!
I think there's too many of us for anyone to be considered the token.

I guess I never realized. Perhaps we'd better keep it on the DL -- so we don't have to start putting a yellow star on our avatars! :eek:

Yeah, let's not do that.
But I do usually break out my Chanukah avatar around this time. Maybe I'll make a new one...

Is this really a Christmas issue? :)
i realize it wouldn't seem to be, on the surface, but you had to be there. the store had 50% more folks there than any other time of year, and nearly everyone was in this "stupid trance".....standing there looking at stuff on the shelf like they'd never been in a grocery store before. NO ONE had a list in their hand, or using smart phone either. just lots of "stand there and maybe the items will jump off the shelf into my cart" idiocy. and a lot of the stuff they were buying was pretty clearly the "holiday" type food. how many people buy a turkey on sunday at 2 pm? when are they gonna eat that....at 10pm?

so that's how it's "christmas" related. you had to be there. it was like being in the mall at this time of year, except it was a grocery store.

I'm pretty sure Mark is completely non-practicing.
Yeah. I was brought up with virtually no religion in my house and my stepmother was fairly non religion as well so I had a year or two of both sets of holidays and then it was just Christmas as a commercial holiday. My wife knows more about Judaism than I do. My wife's family is as catholic as I am Jewish so it all works out in our house.

Sorry to anyone offended as it certainly was not my intention. I was merely quoting Monty Python's Life of Brian. We do quite a bit of MP quoting around here.

Which is why I'm not offended. But that's some string of offensive words there.

Sorry to anyone offended as it certainly was not my intention. I was merely quoting Monty Python's Life of Brian. We do quite a bit of MP quoting around here.

Fun fact: Graham Chapman wrapped a rubber band around his penis to appear circumcised for the nude scene.

That's why I prefer the alternative to the crass madness of the masses......
FESTIVUS.

I'll start the Airing of Grievances, and, boy, do I have a lot of problems with you people.....

Now if any of you want to polish my Festivus pole, wash your hands first.

Last edited:
Jesus, what a set of Scrooges

Its Christmas! I think if some of you sent me a present you'd feel better.

Basically if you don't like Christmas that makes you an enemy of freedom. Or something like that. The baby jesus didn't die on a cross at Easter so you lot could hate his birthday you know.

Back