What is your current number one guitar?

image.jpeg

Are the birds still an up charge? I agree they represent their brand, I think they look stupid, just my opinion. I would much rather have the dots or nothing at all over the birds. I also don't care for the JEM, blocks or trapezoid inlays either. Dots or nothing for me.
Not sure. I bought it on Reverb about 4 years ago.

I like it; it's very comfortable. It's a little harder to restring than a tune-o-matic because you have to be careful not to scratch the guitar with the string ends.

The only oddity is that I had to move it as far back as I could to get it to intonate properly. I don't know if that's the bridge or if Warmoth missed on the stud locations a bit.
Good to know. Thanks

IDK, I think the birds are kinda synonymous with the excessively blingy lawyer guitar thing for a lot of people.
I don't hate 'em but I do prefer the moons over the birds.

Fwiw I find them distracting from an otherwise nice guitar. For me, inlays shouldn't be the first thing you notice about a guitar, and that invariably happens with the birds.
Also I find PRSs ridiculously overpriced in general (not the only brand though) for mass produced stuff. For that kind of money I'd much rather buy an EBMM or a custom guitar - which is very possible. A really good PRS costs 3k+ over here in Euroland, and that just isn't happening.

Squier Jazzmaster. The bridge pickup is from a Squier J Mascis- I got it cheap and figured I'd try it out. It's different than the stock overwound bridge pickup, but I'd be hard pressed to say which I like better.

I tried to replace this with one of the MIM Fender Jazzmasters, but couldn't find one that seemed enough of an upgrade to be worth the money. Besides the pickup (which wasn't even necessary) all I did to it was apply locktite to the bridge, swap out the 1M tone and volume pots for 500K, give it a good setup and rock the fuck out.

IMG_3872.jpg

Back