What is your current number one guitar?

Difficult question. I tend to rotate them around. This year, it's been my Yamaha acoustic that's had the most playing time. My Patrick Eggle in my avatar is the guitar that I will always keep. In my current band over the last 4 years however, I think my Yamaha Pacifica 812S has had the most playing time so I'm posting that.

20170211_110045.jpg

The birds just represent the brand.

Are the birds still an up charge? I agree they represent their brand, I think they look stupid, just my opinion. I would much rather have the dots or nothing at all over the birds. I also don't care for the JEM, blocks or trapezoid inlays either. Dots or nothing for me.

Are the birds still an up charge? I agree they represent their brand, I think they look stupid, just my opinion. I would much rather have the dots or nothing at all over the birds. I also don't care for the JEM, blocks or trapezoid inlays either. Dots or nothing for me.
honestly, it's hard to find a Core model without birds now.

Number one these days really depends on what I'm playing. :embarrassed:

For the heavier stuff it's the Gibby MIII. I had forgotten how fun Floyd abuse is. :grin:

For most of the other stuff, the Strat. That thing just sounds and plays great for most things. :)

That is hot. How do you like the 510? I really want to do a project with one. Love the Fear + Loathing.
I like it; it's very comfortable. It's a little harder to restring than a tune-o-matic because you have to be careful not to scratch the guitar with the string ends.

The only oddity is that I had to move it as far back as I could to get it to intonate properly. I don't know if that's the bridge or if Warmoth missed on the stud locations a bit.

IDK, I think the birds are kinda synonymous with the excessively blingy lawyer guitar thing for a lot of people.
I don't hate 'em but I do prefer the moons over the birds.

Back