WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitchen

38710275.jpg

So I found an article in a Guitar Player magazine about a certain Stevie Wonder song- instrumental, actually. I've never listened to very much SW beyond the classic hits, some of which I can still listen to- unlike 99% of all classic rock .
I'll have to delve into album tracks- this gem is one that I totally missed. The article transcribes the melodies & chord changes. Cool maj7 & maj9 chords, & a lot of quick, clean string crossing. Also, some 5/4 bars in it as well.

So I found an article in a Guitar Player magazine about a certain Stevie Wonder song- instrumental, actually. I've never listened to very much SW beyond the classic hits, some of which I can still listen to- unlike 99% of all classic rock .
I'll have to delve into album tracks- this gem is one that I totally missed. The article transcribes the melodies & chord changes. Cool maj7 & maj9 chords, & a lot of quick, clean string crossing. Also, some 5/4 bars in it as well.

That song was an obsession of a deeply missed former forumite.

R-378966-1170001714.jpeg.jpg

This has an interesting mix of "hits" and "popular tracks."

In listening, I was struck by the change between his early solo stuff and the last recordings. It would have been interesting to hear where his music would have moved had he not been killed. The Double Fantasy stuff was very personal and mellow, but songs like "Nobody Told Me" were a bit more observational with a touch if the Lennon cynicism.

Last edited:
Just how many people have you guys alienated?
s1001.gif
Pretty sure Burnside bailed in large part due to me being me.

Oscar brought his schtick from HC over here where it really never caught traction with the folks who weren't former HC types. Eventually his sense of humor managed to twist enough knickers that it became a problem. It was a FUBAR situation for everyone. I hated to see him leave the way he did.

I'll admit, back in the old days at HC, I was very slow to embrace the whole "Jammity" routine and definitely had a few run ins with him, but eventually I caught on and really enjoyed having him around. We traded some epic barbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back