Well I will soon be able to give a players perspective of the Game/Tutorial "Rocksmith"

If you haven't already got it, definitely get the 2014 version (it'll be on sale too). The original is just useful for the songs and DLC. You'll need to buy the cable separately if you get it from Steam.

Look out on Amazon too, they have been doing some really good deals that include both the game and cable.

This week’s Rocksmith DLC is a twelve song Hendrix pack. It’s available in various configurations and price ranges, or you can get the whole thing for $30. But PS3/XboxOne users get it free.

So Steam is the best place to get DLC's? I have not been using my game in a long time, and want to dust it off again. I would like to see what is new and pick up some new songs.

Yeah, lots of DLC on Steam. That will go on sale after Christmas too so a good time to stock up.

Or see my post on the last page about how to get Custom DLC :)

Thanks! I'll be getting it. There is enough content from the old version alone to make it worth the price...and I can get more Queen and Rush stuff that I cannot play this way

Does anyone know if all the content shows in Rocksmith 2014 or do I need to run 2 games? (I'm sure I can find out on the interwebz but I'll ask here first)

You need to buy and install both. Then buy and run the import tool. This will convert most of the songs from RS to RS2014. It misses a couple for licensing reasons but 90% are converted. I've never even started the original.

You don't need to run both games at the same time to get the RS1 songs in RS2014. You'll still need to buy the import tool, I believe. Only a couple of songs don't import to 2014, Cream and Clapton, I believe. I do miss Sunshine of Your Love in 2014.

So I can buy the game for $7.99 but in order to run that content in RS 2014 I need to buy a import tool for $9.99 :zoinks:

What a rack!:gah:

I think the import tool is only for the songs included with the original game. I think the original game's DLC will work in 2014 if you have the original game but don't buy the import tool. Not sure about that, though.

So, I got some good time in on this weekend. I tried two songs: Blitzkrieg Bop and Paint in Black

Blitzkriedg went ok. I got to about 90% accuracy and most of the missing 10% were just being a hair early or late on the changes.

Paint it Black on Rhythm I had no idea what it was trying to teach me. I just alternated between an open E, A, and some half-B Chord.

I think some of the issues I have is it starts the song off a little too basic a level.

I thought there was a way to turn off Rocksmith's dynamic difficulty feature, but I can't find how to do that, so maybe not. It does start songs at a pretty basic level, but if you hit the notes, it quickly adds more difficulty.

So I can buy the game for $7.99 but in order to run that content in RS 2014 I need to buy a import tool for $9.99 :zoinks:

What a rack!:gah:

So you pay less than $20 for the original game and the import tool, and you get close to 50 songs with that. I don't think that's such a bad deal. I just paid $30 for 12 Hendrix songs.

Yeah but I don't want all 50 songs....anyways I had computer problems on Friday and couldn't get the 7:99 deal. I went ahead and got the 17.99 deal and got Queen and Rush song packs as well and I have a few more that I'm considering. I might get the import tool but since it isn't on sale there is no hurry. I want to get some of the Hendrix ones but I won't get all of them...I'm going to run out of time to play all the music :P

So I can buy the game for $7.99 but in order to run that content in RS 2014 I need to buy a import tool for $9.99

I think that’s only on consoles. I have 2014 on Mac and when I bought the original on Steam it just downloaded all of the original’s tracks as DLC. But that was over a year ago, maybe stuff changed.

Also, if you want the good shit: http://search.customsforge.com

Yeah, Steam sales are dangerous. Do I really want the Foreigner song pack?
latest

Back