Well I will soon be able to give a players perspective of the Game/Tutorial "Rocksmith"

From my limited time messing around with it, it seems it comes with 50 songs. You can purchase additional content for several hundred songs one at a time or in small packs of songs.

Awesome. Might have to check it out when I ever get some spare time. :thu:

The DLC songs seem to run about 2-3 bucks a piece, so they are not exactly cheap.

I was a little torn on the DLC pricing, but I figure if I can get a few days of fun out of it and learn some cool songs it is worth it. I think of all the sheet music books I have bought to learn like one or two songs, and suddenly the 3 bucks doesn't seem that bad of a thing.

I also bought one of those Marvel guitars for my son, and think this game might be a good way for him to learn.

I'll be receiving it as a Yule gift as well - I know because I had to order it for myself, from my mother :). Ordering at the Amazon isn't her strong suit....

Yeah, my Amazon account was used to order (as I have Prime) and so though I tried to ignore the emails, . . .

And it may be the way I learn to play bass.

Last edited:
Sounding to me this is going to be worthwhile for me to get...please keep you updates coming :grin:

Unfortunately it will cost me $1000 to get a $80 game :facepalm:

Has anyone tried installing it on two PCs?
More specifically, on a PC and Mac?

I'd expect that since it is Steam powered, you could install it on multiple machines and the fact that you have to log in to Steam (and uPlay) would prevent it from running more than once at any given time.
Which is perfect, if it works that way. I just want the convenience to choose where I play and on which machine. My PC is in my office and my miniMac is in the rec-room.

Has anyone tried installing it on two PCs?
More specifically, on a PC and Mac?

I'd expect that since it is Steam powered, you could install it on multiple machines and the fact that you have to log in to Steam (and uPlay) would prevent it from running more than once at any given time.
Which is perfect, if it works that way. I just want the convenience to choose where I play and on which machine. My PC is in my office and my miniMac is in the rec-room.
You can log into Steam from multiple machines but not simultaneously. If you log into a second machine while the first is still logged in the first will be disconnected.

I kept seeing ads for Rocksmith but just ignored them until you guys started talking about it. Did a little research and ordered it for $49. I think it is exactly what I need right now. Something fun to get me to play the guitar more. I especially like the idea of the sessions mode, or at least hoping it is going to be a good way to help me figure out improvising.

Back