Well I will soon be able to give a players perspective of the Game/Tutorial "Rocksmith"

That sucks, and is precisely why, despite the assertions of others, I have not yet embraced SSD's.

The speed difference is undeniable, the unreliability is inescapable.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
It really depends on the controller and memory chips used. Some of the less expensive OCZ branded drives were coasters from the factory. Then they switched up controllers and they were reliable beasts.

There are good, uber reliable SSDs out there. You just have to do your research.

working through one or two of the "bending" lessons, I have to say that while this will be a fun practice tool, and a good way to motivate myself to plug in and play when I don't have much mental energy, it is not at all the same as practicing and working with a real instructor, such as Mark. The feedback I was getting after playing through the material for the bending class was "Awesome" and "Great Performance", when it clearly wasn't. My bends on that portion were sharp several times, and I know they were not completely in time all the time as well.

I do sometimes laugh when I play one note per bar and get a 'Outstanding' :) But remember that it adjusts to your level. It gets harder as you prove yourself. Bending 101 might be forgiving but I bet lesson 8 is a bastard :)

Last edited:
I
Another thought, after working through one or two of the "bending" lessons, I have to say that while this will be a fun practice tool, and a good way to motivate myself to plug in and play when I don't have much mental energy, it is not at all the same as practicing and working with a real instructor, such as Mark. The feedback I was getting after playing through the material for the bending class was "Awesome" and "Great Performance", when it clearly wasn't. My bends on that portion were sharp several times, and I know they were not completely in time all the time as well.

So, a really fun practice tool and game and fun way to learn songs. But does not replace real instruction. Everyone probably knew that already, but thought I would just say it, and my reasons why.

I found the bending lesson to be the wonkiest I've tried so far too. Seems to have a harder time recognizing the sound.

I've only played it a couple of time so far and I think I'm still getting used to how it works because I'm screwing up playing some easy stuff because I stare at the screen instead of just playing it, but it is getting better. Probably just a learning curve. And it certainly doesnt replace a teacher but I bet it could be a great suppliment to a teacher.

I have to save my full opinion until I get a little more time on it but I think it is going to be a good thing for me. It makes me want to play and gives me some kind of structure. I just cant do lessons for long enough to be worthwhile and practicing on my own ends up being all over the place and never focussed. With this, I can choose to work on songs, or do lessons and it basically tracks progress. It's not a perfect system but pretty good if you think about it.

My hope would be that it does a couple of things for me. First, I think the more I learn songs the easier it will be to learn songs, even outside of the game. Also, the lessons will hopefully keep me working on skills. And in the end, what I really want out of the game is to learn to play with the session mode. I want to be able to set it in a key and play along with the band. Just from looking at videos, it seems it will be a great tool for that but I havent messed with that part yet. Not that I am very good at anything but improvising seems to be the one thing that I just cant get a handle on. I think it must be about putting the time in and hopefully this is the type of tool that makes it easier for me to put that time in.

I have similar goals for it. It will not replace my lessons with Mark, but it will keep me playing/practicing more and therefore progress will come. I think your goals are reasonable for this game.
I found the bending lesson to be the wonkiest I've tried so far too. Seems to have a harder time recognizing the sound.

I've only played it a couple of time so far and I think I'm still getting used to how it works because I'm screwing up playing some easy stuff because I stare at the screen instead of just playing it, but it is getting better. Probably just a learning curve. And it certainly doesnt replace a teacher but I bet it could be a great suppliment to a teacher.

I have to save my full opinion until I get a little more time on it but I think it is going to be a good thing for me. It makes me want to play and gives me some kind of structure. I just cant do lessons for long enough to be worthwhile and practicing on my own ends up being all over the place and never focussed. With this, I can choose to work on songs, or do lessons and it basically tracks progress. It's not a perfect system but pretty good if you think about it.

My hope would be that it does a couple of things for me. First, I think the more I learn songs the easier it will be to learn songs, even outside of the game. Also, the lessons will hopefully keep me working on skills. And in the end, what I really want out of the game is to learn to play with the session mode. I want to be able to set it in a key and play along with the band. Just from looking at videos, it seems it will be a great tool for that but I havent messed with that part yet. Not that I am very good at anything but improvising seems to be the one thing that I just cant get a handle on. I think it must be about putting the time in and hopefully this is the type of tool that makes it easier for me to put that time in.

Seems like the programmers could make something where you could load some tab either via scan or by typing it in and the computer could convert it for use in the game.

There's an outside project that's supposedly allowing people to load more songs into Rocksmith 2014. It's been a topic of conversation at the Rocksmith sub over at Reddit.

So close :grin:

EnPq2IZ.jpg

Wasn't me BTW, saw it on Reddit.

I actually just picked this up the other day. Aside from a somewhat confusing interface and a crappy tuner, it's a surprise amount of fun. My only real hurdle so far is knowing how to play a SG and it telling me I'm playing it "wrong".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually just picked this up the other day. Aside from a somewhat confusing interface and a crappy tuner, it's a surprise amount of fun. My only real hurdle so far is knowing how to play a SG and it telling me I'm playing it "wrong".

What wrongness are you perpetrating?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

What wrongness are you perpetrating?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have a tendency to play what I hear, instead of what it's telling me to play. A lot of times learning he it wants me to play the phrase takes longer than me along it correctly, at least if I'm trying for high Mastery.

So I downloaded the unofficial version of Killing In The Name Of from that site and played it on the bass. It's the most fun I've had in ages. I'm grinning from ear to ear :grin:

I've had RS 2014 now for a week and I have a lot of fun with it. I learned a new song that I never had (nor probably ever would have) heard and have really enjoyed playing it (Brand New Kind of Blue). I'm messing around with few others. I haven't done much of the games and those few I have tried seem interesting but there seems to be a detection issue sometimes (same thing with the tuner too). Some of the songs I don't get the "scoring". While I'm over 95% on Blitzkrieg Bop, for reasons I don't understand I am less than 50% on Knockin on Heaven's Door and I have no clue why...it sounds right :shrug:

The session mode was particular fun in the jam mode where I did something I haven't done since I used to play in a band...just jam over a chord progression for like 45 min...it was awesome.

I had no issues installing it and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. In fact I'm going to check out some of the functions I haven't looked at much right now :Wave:

They've been on a good run lately with DLCs. Jimi's coming today, Rage Against the Machine last week, Tom Petty recently. Heck, I even paid for the recent Bon Jovi DLC.

I wish they would make the Rocksmith DLC compatible with Rocksmith 2014..in fact they are but you need to have Rocksmith installed in order to download them or it says you don't own the game :facepalm: It should be a simple fix and I'd pay for the Rush ones for sure but I'm not spending $40 on a game I don't need to get 5 songs I want

I paid for the Iron Maiden DLC Dude00Dude00

The Steam sale will be on soon. I picked up the original for a fiver last time round to get it's songs and DLC.

Back