We haven't talked about the new Marshall Origin line

I mean yeah, but the Peavey with a Celestion will be like a completely new amp. It may even like your dirt pedals more.
And I do like the Peavey. It is just lust (as opposed to love), exciting and new. (Come aboard, we're expecting). And I like that Orange sound. Which I can get close enough to with the Peavey anyway. (set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance). Nope, gonna just open up the hood to the Buick and make some modifications.

If you’re gassing for an orange, get the micro dark or the micro terror. The micro dark is s good rock amp on the cheap. Both are as good as their all tube counterparts.

And who am I kidding anyway? More lessons, and more likely, and regular playing situation with others with a requirement to have full songs ready, is what I really need anyway. Not more gear fiddling . . . .

Crazy talk! Are you trying to get yourself banned?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I had a c30 a few years back and I put the WGS version of a greenback in it and it made it a brand new amp.
Not hearing a huge difference via youtube vids over my computer speakers in a Blues Junior. (so probably not hearing much). But sounds like both would be nice. Would expect the C-30 would be a little less clean.

Not hearing a huge difference via youtube vids over my computer speakers in a Blues Junior. (so probably not hearing much). But sounds like both would be nice. Would expect the C-30 would be a little less clean.

I don't know if they still make it, but I think the greenback copy was called a green beret. They were a bit cheaper than celestion back then and people used to swear they sounded better than the modern greenbacks. That was probably 8 - 10 years ago. No idea how any of that relates in 2018.

I almost bought the origin 20 but I ended up getting a tiny terror and an orange 1x12. After years and years of playing around with modeling amps, the appeal of only 3 knobs was too good to pass up.

That's what I currently play thru 90% of the time: Tiny Terror and a variety of 1x12 cabs (loaded with Eminence and WGS speakers).

That's what I currently play thru 90% of the time: Tiny Terror and a variety of 1x12 cabs (loaded with Eminence and WGS speakers).
I'm absolutely loving mine. A lot of people told me it was a one trick pony but I don't find it any more of a one trick pony then any other amp. Playing with the tone and gain knobs there's a lot of different voices in that little amp.

I'm absolutely loving mine. A lot of people told me it was a one trick pony but I don't find it any more of a one trick pony then any other amp. Playing with the tone and gain knobs there's a lot of different voices in that little amp.

Yeah, in my experience, most amps are one trick ponies. That’s why we have pedal boards :grin:

Back