We haven't talked about the new Marshall Origin line

Other than it's old, and you want something new and shiny, what don't you like about it?
Nothing too much. I wonder about putting a Celestion of some kind in there, as if you listen really, really close, there could be some flab in the speaker. But that is getting pickier than I typically am. And I sometimes want to add a second cab, to make it sound more open, like my Concert. Rather than as direct and boxy. but I can just use the Concert for that. And who am I kidding anyway? More lessons, and more likely, and regular playing situation with others with a requirement to have full songs ready, is what I really need anyway. Not more gear fiddling, other than getting the Concert fully healthy again, and a board for each amp prepared, probably from what I already have.

Nothing too much. I wonder about putting a Celestion of some kind in there, as if you listen really, really close, there could be some flab in the speaker. But that is getting pickier than I typically am. And I sometimes want to add a second cab, to make it sound more open, like my Concert. Rather than as direct and boxy. but I can just use the Concert for that. And who am I kidding anyway? More lessons, and more likely, and regular playing situation with others with a requirement to have full songs ready, is what I really need anyway. Not more gear fiddling, other than getting the Concert fully healthy again, and a board for each amp prepared, probably from what I already have.

Speaker change is probably a better idea than a new amp. What's in there now? Blue Marvel?

If you want more clean headroom, go with the Creamback. But you have a clean channel so it probably won't matter.
I am thinking greenback but will listen to some clips. I had thought about it some years ago, but was playing through the Concert mostly, so never got around to doing anything about it. May put that project back on the list. Could always get one of the cheap cabs @jelloman (I think) likes and throw the Marvel in there too. And see how that blend sounds. Though another Greenback would probably be better. Not that I would need to go that far right away. I just liked the 2x12 sound and presence of a buddy's C-50. Though he was very loud.

I am thinking greenback but will listen to some clips. I had thought about it some years ago, but was playing through the Concert mostly, so never got around to doing anything about it. May put that project back on the list. Could always get one of the cheap cabs @jelloman (I think) likes and throw the Marvel in there too. And see how that blend sounds. Though another Greenback would probably be better. Not that I would need to go that far right away. I just liked the 2x12 sound and presence of a buddy's C-50. Though he was very loud.
Yeah, those cabs on eBay are really good considering the price you pay for them, plus they're small and pretty light compared to some of the others...even adding in the upcharge for a grill and removable back they're more than worth it...

Back