Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Early evening fuckwits.

So it looks like the kid I've been giving guitar lessons to on a Tuesday isn't going to bother turning up which is fine because I can't really be arsed but a phone or text from his mum would have been nice :mad:

A mate convinced me to try a cleanse programme he's just finish and reckons is great. I'm pretty sure all I've done is bought a bunch of expensive laxatives because all I've done is shit water all day :grin: :embarrassed:

Morning all (just). wave0

While I understand the point about stereotyping, this seems like political correctness gone mad to me.

Tescos remove boys' toys sign.

I always took the view that parents should teach their kids to be able to ignore stereotypes and labels if they had a problem with it and just rise above it, not whinge they couldn't play with it because it had a label saying it was for the other gender. My son loved the dolls house and kitchen set he had as a little kid. Also loved his toy trains and cars at the same time, what's the problem?

Morning all (just). wave0

While I understand the point about stereotyping, this seems like political correctness gone mad to me.

Tescos remove boys' toys sign.

I always took the view that parents should teach their kids to be able to ignore stereotypes and labels if they had a problem with it and just rise above it, not whinge they couldn't play with it because it had a label saying it was for the other gender. My son loved the dolls house and kitchen set he had as a little kid. Also loved his toy trains and cars at the same time, what's the problem?

well, in your own reasoning, not labelling toys (or any items for that matter) specifically for one gender/race/sexual orientation whatever is an easy solution to me. Whilst some examples may be a bit ridiculous, it does show the underlying problem of bias that is still prevalent in this day and age. Changing attitudes starts with easy small steps, beginning with a little thinking behind our actions

:shrug:

well, in your own reasoning, not labelling toys (or any items for that matter) specifically for one gender/race/sexual orientation whatever is an easy solution to me. Whilst some examples may be a bit ridiculous, it does show the underlying problem of bias that is still prevalent in this day and age. Changing attitudes starts with easy small steps, beginning with a little thinking behind our actions

:shrug:

I see it as more of a problem that people can't teach their kids to take a sign like this not as an instruction about what gender it relates to, but just a guide line that this is where the toys are in this shop that typically appeal to boys.

Take this to the ridiculous extreme and shops will no longer be able to advertise mens' clothes or womens' clothes, they have to be generic clothes irrespective of their design for male or female anatomy. Potentially mens' and womens' toilets shall be banned as that's discrimination and we must have unisex shared facilities.

I know and understand that there is a lot of bias and discrimination still that is wrong in society and I detest it. I fully believe and support that both sexes deserve equal rights, equal respect, equal opportunities, equal pay etc. That does not preclude the fact that both sexes are different and not everything should be made unisex/gender neutral, something that seems to get ignored in these discussions.

:HB:

/RANT

I was at a concert abut 2 or 3 years ago, I forget who but it was in a stadium so probably Robbie Williams, anyway, you know how in certain places, for example in pubs and nightclubs, when the ladies toilet is full and theres a huge queue of women waiting in line for a pee and the mens is toilet is just about empty? Its fairly common for some women just to go pee in the mens toilets. Ive seem it lots of times but it never bothered me in the slightest.

Anyway it was happening at this concert, there was a MASSIVE queue for the ladies and some had decided to use the mens instead. Anyway as I came out I saw a man walking towards the loo with a stadium worker, security or usher or whatever.

Quite loudly he was saying 'this is unacceptable, this is a mens toilet, there is the women's, Why are they allowed to urinate in the mens toilets? This is unacceptable, please get them out'

The worker bloke did just that, stood in front of the door and wouldn't let any women in.

Like I say, it didn't bother me but maybe the ladies should ask before they just barge in and take OUR toilets. If i went into the ladies I'm sure id get either attacked or screamed at. Or both. :)

Well it was a Robbie Williams concert. Having women in the mens toilets might have put the patrons off bumming each other :embarrassed:

Reactions: wok
Back