Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Good day all.

Got talked into joining some 3 day "hackaton". Shit has nothing to do with hacking and it costs me my weekend. But well, free food...

Me and a friend are now taking it as an opportunity to work on a project we wanted to work on anyways and the plus side is that there's a slim chance of winning some funding for our project.

Good day all.

Got talked into joining some 3 day "hackaton". Shit has nothing to do with hacking and it costs me my weekend. But well, free food...

Me and a friend are now taking it as an opportunity to work on a project we wanted to work on anyways and the plus side is that there's a slim chance of winning some funding for our project.

So what is a hackaton?

Anyhoo, been training hard for half marathon in September. Been running on treadmill in gym, managed 13km so far, so quite a bit to go. Went running outside last night and it went well apart from fact that I need to lose weight as my knees and hips are sore from running on pavement/concrete.

I haven't had a drink in ages, miss it :(

So what is a hackaton?

Anyhoo, been training hard for half marathon in September. Been running on treadmill in gym, managed 13km so far, so quite a bit to go. Went running outside last night and it went well apart from fact that I need to lose weight as my knees and hips are sore from running on pavement/concrete.

It's some sort of get together of 3 days where' you're supposed to come up with "innovative" ideas about a certain topic.

So far most people seem to sit around, talk a lot and come up with lame stuff that has been done a million times.

And there's a great vibe of forced enthousiasm all over the place as well.

So what is a hackaton?

after gong out for a swift half after work yesterday afternoon I'm now rocking a hangover that this mixed fruits koppetberg curer is not making a dent in :embarrassed:

try to get as much road time as you can running as the race beats, treadmills ate useless for emulating the stress roads will pit on you.

Good news: Having a day off work

Bad news: Had a tooth extracted and the anaesthetic is wearing off

Tired as fuck today. I really need some time to hang around and just read some books and play video games. Got a holiday to Norway coming up in a week and a half, so I'ma have to hang on till then.

And I have a Finnish test on thursday, didn't have time to study any vocabulary last 3 months, so that's going to be fun :facepalm:

Morning all. wave0

Anyone else with kids or grandkids see this story on VTech? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35532644

My kids are all way past the VTech stage now but the grandkids aren't. Far as I know only one of them has a Leapfrog device but will have to think carefully about that if VTech starts running the server side of that...

Good timing on your holiday CoF. Before the school winter break over here, so shouldn't be too crowded with idiots.
Temps should be decent by then as well. Getting in the minus twenties this weekend. :embarrassed:

Good timing on your holiday CoF. Before the school winter break over here, so shouldn't be too crowded with idiots.
Temps should be decent by then as well. Getting in the minus twenties this weekend. :embarrassed:

-20 would be great, it's been hovering around 0 here for the last few weeks, all the snow is now one big plate of ice. Good times :embarrassed:

Last edited:
-20 would be great, it's been hovering around 0 here for the last few weeks, all the snow is now one big plate of ice. Good times :embarrassed:

If forecast is fairly right, should be around -10 up here by that time.

The last couple of weeks we've had about 0 or plus degrees and both snow and rain, fucking dangerous walking or driving off the main roads these days. :embarrassed:

If forecast is fairly right, should be around -10 up here by that time.

The last couple of weeks we've had about 0 or plus degrees and both snow and rain, fucking dangerous walking or driving off the main roads these days. :embarrassed:

Hehe the roads here in Helsinki are fairly safe, the sidewalks and paths are horrible dangerous though, especially the frequently used ones as the snow/ice is nicely compacted there :embarrassed:

I didn't fall or got stuck going uphill this year though, not sure if it's sheer luck or improved route planning.

Back