Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Reading Hawkings 'A brief history of time' makes me feel like the smarts are flowing through me and like my brain is exploding at the same time :embarrassed:

It's been quiet here. People to busy pretending to work?

It's been snowing heavily here, driving into work was a nightmare

Hi all

I was off work yesterday, yet another bloody cold. Everyones ill!

Will be in the UK on Friday until Sunday. Sadly, not for a good reason, its to say my last goodbyes to a cancer stricken family friend.

Bummer

Hi all

I was off work yesterday, yet another bloody cold. Everyones ill!

Will be in the UK on Friday until Sunday. Sadly, not for a good reason, its to say my last goodbyes to a cancer stricken family friend.

Bummer

that sucks. Sorry to hear that :(

Thanks guys.

I don't quite know what I'm going to say, I suppose just general chat is the best thing in such circumstances. God knows.

Good luck Acadia...

I think I ate something bad yesterday, spent half the fucking day on the toilet so far... I am incredibly hungry now but I fear anything I might eat will upset my digestive system even more :facepalm:

Good luck Acadia...

I think I ate something bad yesterday, spent half the fucking day on the toilet so far... I am incredibly hungry now but I fear anything I might eat will upset my digestive system even more :facepalm:

It wasn't pizza you had was it? One of my students ate pizza a week ago today then shat himself in short order :shrug:

On the upside I made it through the whole of today without being called a cunt or being told to fuck off by one of them :thu:

On the super upside, my brother has come up with a pretty ingenious design which means I can set up my impending hot tub exactly where I want it in my garden whilst making sure the neighbours can't spy on us / I'm not looking right into their kitchen (and the inevitable arguing when he gets in from work) while I'm trying to chill out :grin:

All right, twerps? wave0

Started getting our stuff together for the big UK visa application for my wife. First step, proof of English ability. No problemo--wife did a "First Certificate English" exam when we used to live in the UK (in 2003) and that's on the approved list. Wait, what's that? You need a "Candidate ID and Secret Number"? She doesn't have that. Oh, they were only introduced in 2005? And if we don't have those? We're screwed you say? Brilliant, thanks. Great start.

Cheers, Gorgon. She can easily pass the exam nowadays. It costs about 100 quid and she's already booked in to do it next week.

The thing is, she worked REALLY hard to get that English certificate in 2003 and she was so proud to pass it (she couldn't speak a word of English a year before). Now she feels like it was a complete and utter waste of time. I don't completely agree, but it's hard to console her.

Last edited:
Cheers, Gorgon. She can easily pass the exam nowadays. It costs about 100 quid and she's already booked in to do it next week.

The thing is, she worked REALLY hard to get that English certificate in 2003 and she was so proud to pass it (she couldn't speak a word of English a year before). Now she feels like it was a complete and utter waste of time. I don't completely agree, but it's hard to console her.

I hope all those UKIP numpties get lost on the way to polling stations in May. If they get in, I may consider LEAVING the UK

Back