Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Waitrose.jpg

Afternoon all :Wave:

Have acquired some of this:
Dragon+Stout.JPG

... for research purposes only. I intend to see how it reacts when heated up with a load of shin of beef and some onions and made into pies.

There's a shin of beef stew recipe in one of this month's supermarket magazines. I didn't even realise you could purchase / consume shin of beef until reading it. Worth a go?

Yeah

it's also still relatively cheap, unlike things like lamb shanks and oxtail that have been driven up in price over the last few years

Have some tory toff rapping for early evening enjoyment

Aaaargghhh. My pool of credible excuses, distractions and procrastinations having finally been exhausted, I am having a sit down and a cup of tea whilst steeling myself to give the grass what I desperately hope will turn out to be the last cut of the year. Give me strength...

Aaaargghhh. My pool of credible excuses, distractions and procrastinations having finally been exhausted, I am having a sit down and a cup of tea whilst steeling myself to give the grass what I desperately hope will turn out to be the last cut of the year. Give me strength...

I've been out catching up on weeding that should have been done in July all week.

Luckily I'd got gravel in the garden so I've doused the place in enough weedkiller to take out a farm and salted the shit out of the place in the hope that it stops anything growing next year :)

Morning all :Wave:

Up early this morning to drive mrs_huge to the airport. Deep joy of early-morning BBC World Service/Radio 4. Two particular highlights stand out this morning:

1) Apparently the Tories have decided that it not a problem for them to decide that EU laws are merely 'advisory'. In the future, the_huge_household will assign the same status to laws emanating from Westminster.

2) Richard Littlejohn quoted referring to someone, it matters not to whom, as a "self-important imbecile". Sweet.

Morning all :Wave:

1) Apparently the Tories have decided that it not a problem for them to decide that EU laws are merely 'advisory'. In the future, the_huge_household will assign the same status to laws emanating from Westminster.

Yeah, I read they want to scrap the Human Rights legislation :facepalm:

Gonna be interesting which way the Scots are going to vite this time, as out of Tories, Lib Dems, Labour and UKIP, there isn't really an appealing choice is there :facepalm:

Morning all.

Autumn has well and truly arrived in the South West of the UK. Bucketing down and a good ten degrees cooler than it's been for most of the last couple of months.

Back