Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Afternoons all.

1 more day then a glorious week off work :)

Off to see Still Game with the missus tonight at the Hydro. Shame it's a school night and I can't go mental on the bevvy which suggests Mr Let's Go Clubbing in Bahrain till 4 int he morning before you have a shift 150 miles away might be maturing as I come towards the big 3-0 :embarrassed:

Oh yeah not that it means much to you but I'm just about to finish up an application for a permanent History job that isn't in the arse end of a totalitarian Muslim state.

I can't remember the last time I even seen a permanent History job advertised prior to this!!!

Oh yeah not that it means much to you but I'm just about to finish up an application for a permanent History job that isn't in the arse end of a totalitarian Muslim state.

I can't remember the last time I even seen a permanent History job advertised prior to this!!!
:thu: Good luck! (although I did enjoy the tales from the KSA :embarrassed:)

Good times :shrug:

I don't think I ever finished my "Doha diary" it's still about 80% done floating on the bloggy ether around here somewhere :)

Morning

Went to see the Kaiser Chiefs on Sunday night in Dusseldorf. Ive never seen them before and only went as my wife insisted. Glad I did, a BRILLIANT concert from some excellent musicians. The best part was it was in the Tonhalle in Dusseldorf, which is a very old, very good looking orchestra style concert hall. So even if you were sat at the back (which we wernt) you'd still be very close to the band. We were about 6 or 7 metres away and the sound in that place was amazing. Very clear guitar and drums.

Ricky Wilson is quite the showman, he said at one stage 'This is weird, good weird though, like being in TV'. It was seated but after the first song everyone stood up and remained standing.

Id completely forgotten how different a concert in a tiny hall like this (Id say about 800 were present) is so very much different to a stadium concert. It was by far and away the best concert I've seen for quite a few years.

'I Predict A Riot', played exceptionally well in a hall like this takes on a life of its own. Brilliant!

I am happy you enjoyed them. I, for one, can't stand them :embarrassed:

Anyway, taken an impromptue holiday as I had a few days left to take up before the end of the year. So tonight for me it will be:

Duvel_and_glass_sunday.jpg

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

New PA has arrived today :embarrassed:

It tops out at 130 dB but weighs next to nothing and is about the size of a couple of car batteries :embarrassed:

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

New PA has arrived today :embarrassed:

It tops out at 130 dB but weighs next to nothing and is about the size of a couple of car batteries :embarrassed:

Details please.

My band's PA is normally a pair of Peavey HiSys2 cabs and Peavey 696 mixer amp. Works fine for us in the pub gigs we do.

Drummer has now gone and bought a set of some massive speakers from a club somewhere with tops , mids and foldback subs. :facepalm:

Apparently they sound great but I can't get it through to him that if we turn up in a pub with something that big we'll be asked to turn down before we've even plugged in. Plus as we have additional power amps, an active crossover, a second set of HiSys2s and a set of JBL bass bins already for big gigs, I cannot see WTF he has gone and bought this...
:HB:

Oh my god when I got back into DJing freelance my first set of speakers were a pair of HiSys2s!!! Amazing but they had to go when I did something bad to my neck and couldn't turn my head carrying one out to the car one day.

Your drummer did something stupid? Better watch of he might start a trend :embarrassed: In this day and age it amazes me that people still like to go out and buy huge heavy bits of gear - you could fit both of these systems (2 x subs with the 4 mini tops) into the front seat of my car and still have room for some other bits and bobs...

I got a pair of these: http://www.thomann.de/gb/hk_audio_lucas_nano_600_mono_set.htm

I'm on a forum where a few DJs use them (and their little brothers, the 300 model) and say they are amazing sound wise for the size of them and these guys are only running a single unit so 2 of them will more than do me.

All I've seen on Youtube and the like for live music has been acousticy type stuff but I'm sure with a decent desk and reasonable band members who would rather have a decent mix out front that masses of stage volume, they'd do a fine.

In fact thinking about it, if you can get by in your band with 2 HiSys tops I'm sure these would be fine. You'd need to get a passive mixer though...

Fookin hell these things are loud. Both my neighbours are on holiday so me and my bro had a jam at reasonable volume and its a really clean sounding PA.

After we were done (and a few beers in) we decided to run my DJ kit through it.

I only used 1 side, the desk was running at 60% and even running the sub and tops at noon it was uncomfortably loud in my gaff. Cant wait to get them out in front of a crowd.

I did the bicep curl challenge and managed it with a bit in the tank. My 1 rep max on dumbbells is 18 kilo so given these are a bit more unweildy I reckon with the sub and 2 tops attached they probsbly rock in at around 16 kilos.

Amazing bit of kit just for the tech behind it all

Back