Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

That doesn't count. Everyone knows Olympic football is cack :embarrassed:

Team GB it is then. I believe Pulis may be available for the job, and after the coming weekend most likely Pardew. :tongue:
In fairness you guys would do a whole lot better with managers and a football federation having any sort of clue what they're doing. :embarrassed:

Anyway, it's that time again.

Not to draw out the political discussions even further, but team GB is such an insulting name for those of us from Norn Iron.

Morning restless citizens

You may or not be interested to know that I killed a rabbit with mexamitosis(?) on Friday. If any of you are feeling ill, just let me know and ill come round and 'help' you.

Morning all :Wave:

Finally, we have proper music in the house! It's several weeks since my stereo amp died and I have finally got round to getting a new one. I have missed having music in the house. I hope the Sunday afternoon neighbours enjoyed the (briefly) house-shaking Percy: "It's been a long time..." beavis0

... oh, and what is wrong with FootieUK? :shrug:

Morning restless citizens

You may or not be interested to know that I killed a rabbit with mexamitosis(?) on Friday. If any of you are feeling ill, just let me know and ill come round and 'help' you.

After a horrible sleepless night I've woke up feeling like so.eone's run a car over my head :(

I hate taking the day off work.

Not to draw out the political discussions even further, but team GB is such an insulting name for those of us from Norn Iron.

Up to a point, Lord Copper. It was chosen for the Olympic team (in general, not just foopball) precisely because Northern Ireland-ish athletes get to choose - regardless of passport - whether they would rather compete for "GB" or Ireland. So "UK" wouldn't work, because some UK citizens might be competing for Ireland. Of course, "GB" doesn't really work either, but "the Coalition of the Willing" was already taken so what can you do?

Up to a point, Lord Copper. It was chosen for the Olympic team (in general, not just foopball) precisely because Northern Ireland-ish athletes get to choose - regardless of passport - whether they would rather compete for "GB" or Ireland. So "UK" wouldn't work, because some UK citizens might be competing for Ireland. Of course, "GB" doesn't really work either, but "the Coalition of the Willing" was already taken so what can you do?

I'd love to see a link stating that it was chosen precisely because of that.

We can compete for the Republic because anyone from Norn Iron is automatically a citizen of the UK (NOT GB) and/or Ireland. I don't think it's connected to the name Team GB at all, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Not that Wikipedia is particularly trustworthy, but this link doesn't exactly back up your argument:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_GB

fight fight fight!

kangaroo-fight.png

Not that Wikipedia is particularly trustworthy, but this link doesn't exactly back up your argument:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_GB

I'm (unpleasantly) surprised to see that. All I've got is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_GB#Calls_for_renaming, where they argue that "Team UK" would also be inaccurate (but less so, which would surely make it better).

Personally I'm only in it for the coverage of Monaco's Paula Radcliffe blubbing at the side of the road, but it will be Team UK for me from now on.

Back