Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Morning All

Back at work today after my holiday. Understandably I'm not happy about it and would rather be elsewhere. Oh well.

The long and short of it is I should never have been sent there in the first place.

I've worked with mental kids in huge mainstream schools, Middle Eastern schools with nothing but Arab speaking kids, special schools of varying degrees and even the odd stint in schools for kids with behavioural issues (i.e. jail lite) and always got my head down and got on with it but this was beyond anything I could deal with.

Apart from the fact it was a primary special school, these kids need a carer not a teacher - no mobility except for random spasms, no communication except for the odd cry or whine, not sure whether they actually comprehend anything or not.

I told the support assistants I'd been working with hat I had handed in my notice and they said the class (now lets be fair, there's a school full of people actually qualified to do that sort of thing... why are none of them taking that class?,...) has had a long line of teachers who come in and about turn. The guy before me was a high school french teacher from Poland who could barely speak English.

I.e. the powers that be just want someone, and quite literally anyone, with a teaching qualification to be stood in that class so they can tick a box and say these kids are getting an education.

Apart from that there's been alll sorts of stress and anxiety related symptoms kicking in and my health is more important than any job or financial recompense.

^ Sounds gruesome, but entirely plausible. HMeope you find something more suitable soon,

Yeah it was a pretty horrible experience - these poor kids should have been in a hospice not a school. No doubt some do gooder box ticker decided they needed an education even though they are almost literally unteachable.

They expect me to work my notice but they can GTF - the authority wouldn't send a joiner out to work on a house and expect him to start wiring up plugs so they can chase themselves if they think I'm going to hold the poisoned chalice while they look for the next poor bastard to get stuck with it.

Good luck job hunting @jbj

Feel sorry for the kids but if the issues are that severe and stressful then you need to distance yourself from it for your own health.

Good luck job hunting @jbj

Feel sorry for the kids but if the issues are that severe and stressful then you need to distance yourself from it for your own health.

To be honest, the kids won't be affected in the slightest, apart from the fact they've little to no recognition or understanding of their environment, as it was more a case of doing stuff a nurse or carer should have been doing instead of what a teacher should be doing, their day to day experience in there isn't going to change.

Morning all

Seems like you did the right thing jbj, my wife is a primary school teacher and so basically more than half of our friends are. Boring set of bastards. Just kidding, they're all actually a good laugh.

New amp here too! Well its new to me, A Harley Benton GA212R to be precise. My brother got me it and said his mate that it belongs to has gone travelling and its 99% certain i can keep it. Hmm, all sounds a bit dodgy but hey ho, it has a decent clean sound to it and if I stick in a pedal or two and turn it up its literally too loud to have the volume any more than half way. I play it in a closed cellar so you can imagine its LOUD.

As I basically play the guitar, get a bit bored, cross the room to play the drums, then back to the guitar I really should mess about with some recording or other I think.

Just did the initial testing on the Victory V30 and I might just need to change my shorts. Fucking hell that thing sounds great. :love:
Can't wait to crank it properly at band practice tomorrow. :embarrassed:

Most of those other fellas didn't surprise me at all, but I'd be a bit surprised about Cliff. Still, it's not like I would know.

Weekend starts here in TWENTY MINUTES!!! HOORAY!!!

I said ages ago that Cliff would come out in the wash with Yew Tree :embarrassed:

Not that it means anything but I also had John Leslie down for the Ulrika rape allegation before it went public.

Neil Buchannan next, watch this space.

TFIF. My band is doing a festival near Stirling tomorrow and since I'm newly jobless it means I can stay until Monday instead of coming home on Sunday night :grin:

Tonight promises to be interesting. Gigging at a place called The Packhorse, which is very definitely a biker bar.

474782_180729582087787_1972781898_o.jpg

As we're a classic rock band, we should be good, but if you don't hear from me, you know where to send the search parties!

Back