OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"To Americans, democracy is a given. But to the rest of the world, it’s a fairly recent invention — a creature of the past two centuries."

Uh, the United States is only 241 years old, so American democracy is not much older than two centuries.
Feel free to contact the author.

it's about time to put some REAL professionals on all flights and put them in charge, not the flight crew or the airport security thugs.
http://wtkr.com/2017/04/22/video-sh...ler-incident-american-airlines-investigating/

Have incidents like this always occurred on airlines and we just only found out when everybody started carrying a tiny camcorder? Or is it a byproduct of the crazy cost-conscious business model the airlines adopted after online ticketing took off?

it's about time to put some REAL professionals on all flights and put them in charge, not the flight crew or the airport security thugs.
http://wtkr.com/2017/04/22/video-sh...ler-incident-american-airlines-investigating/
a little of both. people are FAR MORE inclined to record things these days than before. but the whole control freak attendants has been going on for some time. the patriot act virtually gave the crew the same powers that a captain has over a ship on the high seas. which is to say, judge jury and executioner. it's like everytime a passenger questions a flight attendent, it goes right to complete combat. it's like picking an uptight kid in 3rd grade to be in charge of the class while the teacher is out of the room.
never going to go well.

Though the actions are horrid, I am pretty sure the flight attendants, and the others who have to enforce the ever changing rules, are not set up for success, are overworked, and so it is not that surprising (though disappointing) that a lack of professionalism occurs.

Waitress in the sky and all that.

a little of both. people are FAR MORE inclined to record things these days than before. but the whole control freak attendants has been going on for some time. the patriot act virtually gave the crew the same powers that a captain has over a ship on the high seas. which is to say, judge jury and executioner. it's like everytime a passenger questions a flight attendent, it goes right to complete combat. it's like picking an uptight kid in 3rd grade to be in charge of the class while the teacher is out of the room.
never going to go well.
The Patriot act not only gave powers that it should not have, but put responsibilities on the shoulders of those that should not have it. IMO.

The Patriot Act is the point where I became concerned the heart of our country was lost. Normal misdemeanor arrests seemed to start to turn into "push the face into the trunk of the car" felony arrests. Worse with flight attendants. And your comment in bold above is insightful.

The Patriot act not only gave powers that it should not have, but put responsibilities on the shoulders of those that should not have it. IMO.

The Patriot Act is the point where I became concerned the heart of our country was lost. Normal misdemeanor arrests seemed to start to turn into "push the face into the trunk of the car" felony arrests. Worse with flight attendants. And your comment in bold above is insightful.

insightful....how.
not trying to sound stupid. but it seems like a pretty accurate analogy.

insightful....how.
not trying to sound stupid. but it seems like a pretty accurate analogy.
Putting not well trained people, nor our best people (for the job I mean) in charge of such decisions and charged with such responsibilities sets them up for failure and creates a bad situation for those who are subject to the bad decisions/execution/judgment. The "insecure third grader" comment seemed spot on to me. And perhaps that person did not want to be put in that position. I suppose sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Last edited:
Putting not well trained people, nor our best people (for the job I mean) in charge of such decisions and charged with such responsibilities sets them up for failure and creates a bad situation for those who are subject to the bad decisions/judgment. The "insecure third grader" comment seemed spot on to me. And perhaps that person did not want to be put in that position. I suppose sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Most of the cops in my hometown are of the insecure third grader sort. They were all the kids in school that were always trying to prove themselves to be tough guys or somehow better than you because they spent a lot of money on bullshit or some other symptom of "tiny dick syndrome".

Putting not well trained people, nor our best people (for the job I mean) in charge of such decisions and charged with such responsibilities sets them up for failure and creates a bad situation for those who are subject to the bad decisions/judgment. The "insecure third grader" comment seemed spot on to me. And perhaps that person did not want to be put in that position. I suppose sometimes yes, sometimes no.

back in the 60's and maybe 70's the people who became flight attendents were people who wanted to see the world (for free) and were vicariously members of the 'jet set'....but more recently it seems that those who aspire to these positions are those who are 'wannabe' terrorist fighters...or some such thing and so every time there is an issue with a passenger.... it automatically escalates into a federal case.

Reactions: Tig
back in the 60's and maybe 70's the people who became flight attendents were people who wanted to see the world (for free) and were vicariously members of the 'jet set'....but more recently it seems that those who aspire to these positions are those who are 'wannabe' terrorist fighters...or some such thing and so every time there is an issue with a passenger.... it automatically escalates into a federal case.

My mom's best friend became a flight attendant straight out of high school in the late 60's and is still at it. You are exactly right, she took the job to see the world and get paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back