OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, there's a new pick for National Security Advisor.

"A lieutenant general with the US Army, HR McMaster served in Iraq and Afghanistan, where he worked on a government anti-corruption drive."

"Gen McMaster is no stranger to questioning authority. In a 2014 interview, he said: "The commanders that I've worked for, they want frank assessments, they want criticism and feedback.""

well shit.....he ain't gonna last long. cop0

I don't think it is a matter of not figuring it out. There isn't a way to get them to reality.

If that's true, then the only successful action will be getting votes in higher numbers....which isn't super hopful in traditionally red states but in elections that could go either way or trend dem, that means that every blue vote is going to count & getting people to the polls to vote for decent candidates is really the solution people should be working for.

If that's true, then the only successful action will be getting votes in higher numbers....which isn't super hopful in traditionally red states but in elections that could go either way or trend dem, that means that every blue vote is going to count & getting people to the polls to vote for decent candidates is really the solution people should be working for.

find one and it will be a lot easier to get the votes out.

I think the real hope is getting rid of or fixing the electoral college so the votes of people in states like California votes count as much as people from Montana.

I say that because I don't have faith in the dems finding someone that can overcome the I vote (R) no matter what folks.

I think they need to spend more effort in getting the Mitch McConnels types out of the senate and house. To do that they need charismatic candidates who can show the constituents that those incumbents have done nothing for them the entire time they have been in congress. And it doesn't have to be a Democrat, it can be a republican with some sense who is willing to negotiate and compromise.

I think the real hope is getting rid of or fixing the electoral college so the votes of people in states like California votes count as much as people from Montana.

I say that because I don't have faith in the dems finding someone that can overcome the I vote (R) no matter what folks.

I think they need to spend more effort in getting the Mitch McConnels types out of the senate and house. To do that they need charismatic candidates who can show the constituents that those incumbents have done nothing for them the entire time they have been in congress. And it doesn't have to be a Democrat, it can be a republican with some sense who is willing to negotiate and compromise.

i would be fine with the E.C.......IF they acted as they were intended. but at this time, that is nearly impossible, as many states have enacted laws REQUIRING electors to vote according to the eletoral votes in their state. (the intent of the founders was that the E.C. was SUPPOSED to STOP a whacko from becoming president IF the popular vote went terribly wrong. we have just the opposite, and yet it failed in the worst way possible)

also, at the risk of sounding like a tea bagger....there are lots of obstructionist geezers that need to go from both houses, not just a few.

i would be fine with the E.C.......IF they acted as they were intended. but at this time, that is nearly impossible, as many states have enacted laws REQUIRING electors to vote according to the eletoral votes in their state. (the intent of the founders was that the E.C. was SUPPOSED to STOP a whacko from becoming president IF the popular vote went terribly wrong. we have just the opposite, and yet it failed in the worst way possible)

also, at the risk of sounding like a tea bagger....there are lots of obstructionist geezers that need to go from both houses, not just a few.

The EC was also setup to give smaller states an equal voice. Without it, no one would care about states with little population. The problem is now states with little population have a larger voice than bigger states.

I don't think the "vote republican no matter what" person cares about Charisma, facts, or logic. Let's face it, I've seen dead fish with more charisma than McConnell. Half the state only has insurance because of the ACA and yet they keep voting for McConnell, and worse, Blevin - who told them up front his number one goal was to destroy Kynect (Kentucky's exchange).

They simply want someone to tell them that Guns are a God given right, abortion is murder, and the high paying menial jobs like coal mining are coming back. Oh, and that their problems are caused by all the scary brown people who are simultaneously too lazy to work AND stealing their jobs at the same time. All else is secondary.

ain't gonna happen

Those compromise candidates aren't seeing much daylight these days with how polarized everything is. If you could engage in some type of campaign reform that would encourage viable 3rd party candidates, we wouldn't have so much consolidating of ideology...but that would require dems and repubs to willingly give up some power so that's unlikely.

I don't think the "vote republican no matter what" person cares about Charisma, facts, or logic. Let's face it, I've seen dead fish with more charisma than McConnell. Half the state only has insurance because of the ACA and yet they keep voting for McConnell, and worse, Blevin - who told them up front his number one goal was to destroy Kynect (Kentucky's exchange).

They simply want someone to tell them that Guns are a God given right, abortion is murder, and the high paying menial jobs like coal mining are coming back. Oh, and that their problems are caused by all the scary brown people who are simultaneously too lazy to work AND stealing their jobs at the same time. All else is secondary.

I don't disagree with any of this. And believe me, I was not implying McConnel has charisma. But Obama had charisma in spades and he was able to flip some red states. It would take someone with Obama's level of charisma to get through to those people.

ain't gonna happen

Those compromise candidates aren't seeing much daylight these days with how polarized everything is. If you could engage in some type of campaign reform that would encourage viable 3rd party candidates, we wouldn't have so much consolidating of ideology...but that would require dems and repubs to willingly give up some power so that's unlikely.

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA
:mad:

I don't disagree with any of this. And believe me, I was not implying McConnel has charisma. But Obama had charisma in spades and he was able to flip some red states. It would take someone with Obama's level of charisma to get through to those people.

photo-0605-2015-robert-kennedy.png

I’m pretty sure coal mining was never a high paying job. It wasn’t like the car industry where the wages were good and the unions fought for a five day work week and benefits. About the best coal miners ever got was ending wage slavery and some worker safety concessions.

I’m pretty sure coal mining was never a high paying job. It wasn’t like the car industry where the wages were good and the unions fought for a five day work week and benefits. About the best coal miners ever got was ending wage slavery and some worker safety concessions.
But if that is the best available jobs. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back