OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 32055

At this point, I just use FB to chat w/ my friends because my feed is still littered with blind partisan rhetoric.
I'm not sure how we'll ever move forward in compromise when you have such divisive opinions & disrespect for anyone who doesn't agree with our opinions. It also shows you how effective that press conference was in throwing meat to the lions.

Which is why I have said many times, it is time to split the union. Into 2, or more countries. You are never going to make either side happy, so why stay in this horrible marriage? Do you stay because every 4 to 8 years your side gets a crack at being the abusive spouse trying to force your ideals on 50% of the country who hates you and your ideas? Can't we just divorce and let both of us be happy?

Which is why I have said many times, it is time to split the union. Into 2, or more countries. You are never going to make either side happy, so why stay in this horrible marriage? Do you stay because every 4 to 8 years your side gets a crack at being the abusive spouse trying to force your ideals on 50% of the country who hates you and your ideas? Can't we just divorce and let both of us be happy?

No, because it won't be region against region, it will be neighbor against neighbor. A modern civil war will be bloodier than anything America has seen. I get what you're saying here, but be careful what you wish for.

No, because it won't be region against region, it will be neighbor against neighbor. A modern civil war will be bloodier than anything America has seen. I get what you're saying here, but be careful what you wish for.
This right here, you don't really expect every conservative from upstate New York, Pa,Indiana to just pick up and move down south to the new republic of United Alabamistan do you Chad?

I still don't see why you think it would cause a war if it was something both sides wanted. Don't you think the Fox news crowd would love to get rid of all of the liberals from their country? I'm sure the liberals would have no problem if the fox news crowd were out of theirs as well. Both sides win.

I still don't see why you think it would cause a war if it was something both sides wanted. Don't you think the Fox news crowd would love to get rid of all of the liberals from their country? I'm sure the liberals would have no problem if the fox news crowd were out of theirs as well. Both sides win.

Because nobody will want to move. "Sorry, you move, this is our place." It will only take a minute to turn violent.

This right here, you don't really expect every conservative from upstate New York, Pa,Indiana to just pick up and move down south to the new republic of United Alabamistan do you Chad?

Absolutely. Why wouldn't you want to live in a country that has what you want and gets rid of what you don't want? If it wasn't the biggest pain in the ass to move my family to another country, we would have been gone the day after the election. Although I have a feeling once the United of Alabamistan folks get their utopia, they will not want to stay their long.

Because nobody will want to move. "Sorry, you move, this is our place." It will only take a minute to turn violent.

So if the government walked up to you and said we are turning NYC into Nazi Germany next week. You can leave now and we will pay your moving expenses and help you find a new job in another part of the US that is more aligned with your political and social values, you would say fuck you and grab a gun and shot your neighbor? I wouldn't, I would say sign me up.

I also think it should be more like 15 to 20 countries, not just the red folks get the east coast and blue folks get the west.

Absolutely. Why wouldn't you want to live in a country that has what you want and gets rid of what you don't want? If it wasn't the biggest pain in the ass to move my family to another country, we would have been gone the day after the election. Although I have a feeling once the United of Alabamistan folks get their utopia, they will not want to stay their long.

I actually think it's a terrible idea because it discourages people to work things out, eliminates tolerance & encourages the most extreme perspectives since there's a vacuum of opposition. By only associating with people who mirror your beliefs, no matter how mild or extreme, you eventually get shitty movements like Al-Quackadia and Islamic State of Confusion who convince themselves they are 110% justified in doing whatever they want to advance their ideology & need to eliminate opposing views. There's no way that a divided America could keep it's hands to itself.

You think they'll just give up their land, property, the house old granddad built with bare hands in order to get what is given them? Good luck.

"Why don't they move to Canada?" is what they cry now, not "Why can't they move me to the bible belt?".

Conservatives know damned well where everyone thinks like they do. You don't see them moving though.

So if the government walked up to you and said we are turning NYC into Nazi Germany next week. You can leave now and we will pay your moving expenses and help you find a new job in another part of the US that is more aligned with your political and social values, you would say fuck you and grab a gun and shot your neighbor? I wouldn't, I would say sign me up.

I also think it should be more like 15 to 20 countries, not just the red folks get the east coast and blue folks get the west.

Nobody will pay for others to move. Especially when half the country wants to eliminate the welfare state. "Fuck them, they can just get up and leave. Why should they get an entitlement? They should pay me!"

I actually think it's a terrible idea because it discourages people to work things out, eliminates tolerance & encourages the most extreme perspectives since there's a vacuum of opposition. By only associating with people who mirror your beliefs, no matter how mild or extreme, you eventually get shitty movements like Al-Quackadia and Islamic State of Confusion who convince themselves they are 110% justified in doing whatever they want to advance their ideology & need to eliminate opposing views. There's no way that a divided America could keep it's hands to itself.

So just leave it as is? Where nothing gets done except every election cycle they just work to undo what the last group accomplished? I think we passed the point of ever working it out. And I don't think it would end up being a country of people mirroring your beliefs. This forum is a small sample size that mostly leans left. Even in the left leaning group we have here, there are a ton of different views on many topics. There would be plenty of disagreements and working things out. The country is so divided, I don't see how we can move forward and nothing is getting done because of the division. And whenever one side gets the upper hand, half of the country is miserable.

Nobody will pay for others to move. Especially when half the country wants to eliminate the welfare state. "Fuck them, they can just get up and leave. Why should they get an entitlement? They should pay me!"

So the one side can pay for the side who wants to eliminate the welfare state because we don't want to live near them anyways :grin:

I know I've fought long and hard to make Virginia nice and purple...and I ain't going nowhere.

Until I retire to Costa Rica in about 15 years. :)

I won't be retiring but I will be leaving this country in 6 years unless there are some drastic changes. Costa Rica sounds nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back