OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say it isn't so!

That's about the only beer on tap at the local bar that isn't a BudMilCoor Lyte. Oh well. I'll still drink it. One beer company owner isn't going to sway an election, and he has a right to support the candidate of his choosing. I always thought the people boycotting Target, or Oreos, or Burger King or whoever, for Transgender Bathrooms, or Gay Pride, or anti-gun policies or whatever where stupid and the boycotts never work anyway.

So money, meet mouth. I'll drink the beer, but only for the explicit purpose of standing up for my core values of liberty and political freedom. It's for my country and countrymen, so that we may one day find common ground again.

What do you guys think of this? http://www.latimes.com/business/hil...macare-risk-corridor-20160518-snap-story.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Of course having to litigate to get paid will increase costs and that cost will get passed on. The ACA is a complicated deal and I do not pretend to know all about it. I do think that for it to really work, we need single payer/public option.

I will also note anecdotally that I get my insurance through SV company, who is self-insured. I qualify as seasonal full time for my ski work, and am grandfathered in, since they stopped offering that option to even full time instructors. The COBRA premiums and regular premiums have been increasing every year. I was told it will go up another 6% and that deductibles look to be going up too. The reason given? To keep up with "industry standards" in terms of pricing. This is when the overall costs went down last year. It is still, at this point, better insurance and overall cheaper than what I can get from Regence/Blue Cross. So this is of interest to me. The only consolation is that the increase in cost will come off my taxes I guess.

So, I am for doing it right, and moving forward to single payer/public option to drive the "industry standard" down.

Last edited:
Of course having to litigate to get paid will increase costs and that will cost will get passed on. The ACA is a complicated deal and I do not pretend to know all about it. I do think that for it to really work, we need single payer/public option.

I will also note anecdotally that I get my insurance through SV company, who is self-insured. I qualify as seasonal full time for my ski work, and am grandfathered in, since they stopped offering that option to even full time instructors. The COBRA premiums and regular premiums have been increasing every year. I was told it will go up another 6% and that deductibles look to be going up too. The reason given? To keep up with "industry standards" in terms of pricing. This is when the overall costs went down last year. It is still, at this point, better insurance and overall cheaper than what I can get from Regence/Blue Cross. So this is of interest to me. The only consolation is that the increase in cost will come off my taxes I guess.

So, I am for doing it right, and moving forward to single payer/public option to drive the "industry standard" down.

'industry standard' is a bullshit term that really means 'significant increase in profits for the industry'.

OUR HEALTH SHOULD NOT BE A FOR PROFIT BUSINESS, PERIOD!!!:mad:
(anymore than fire departments or police departments)

from a washington post article, today @ 1:30 pm

"
Donald Trump’s dubious claim the presidential election is “rigged” has taken root among his supporters.

That’s according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. It finds that 64 percent of Trump’s supporters say they’re more likely to have serious doubts about the accuracy of the vote count if the Republican nominee is not the victor."

:facepalm:

"
Donald Trump’s dubious claim the presidential election is “rigged” has taken root among his supporters.

That’s according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. It finds that 64 percent of Trump’s supporters say they’re more likely to have serious doubts about the accuracy of the vote count if the Republican nominee is not the victor."

Buncha crybabies......

Two beautiful sentences from today's NY Times op-ed on Chris Christie:

image.jpeg

"

Good -- maybe they'll stay away from the polls on November 8 and can switch some seats in the House and Senate to more progressive people...

Good -- maybe they'll stay away from the polls on November 8 and can switch some seats in the House and Senate to more progressive people...
i'm more concerned that they WILL go to the polls and then when the results do not agree with their votes, they become violent. that they would take the attitude that the election was somehow highjacked by the left and an overthrow is needed to right the ship.

i'm hoping that those who really do not like firearms, won't suddenly need them.

Reactions: Tig
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back