OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
38025502_2290863014272297_4413663948495126528_n.jpg

1 down:
big red sign with 8 sides that has the letters S T O P on it.

Ben Carson is rowing in the opposite direction of the rest. This captures the chaos and disarray of the Trump White House perfectly.
Oh, and John Bolton is dropping a deuce on Ivanka and Kellyanne Conway.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-31-at-11.50.49-AM.png
Looks like the painter photochopped about 80 pounds off of Captain Butthurt. Fake news indeed.

Interestingly, the accounts that were temporarily caught up in Twitter’s purge of Russian bots and fake news spreaders, all tweet disinformation about the Russia investigation. The disinformation matches Trump’s tweets, and what Russian bots circulate on the popular social media platform. Rep. Nunes is a stooge of Trump’s who was on the Trump transition team and spread the infamous and widely discredited memo concerning the Russia investigation being a conspiracy against Trump.

Nunes also obstructed and shut down the House Intelligence Russia investigation, and has been the roadblock in the House to getting to the bottom of what happened with Trump and the Russians during the 2016 election.

Conservatives love the idea that they are persecuted or censored in some way. It is the ultimate distraction issue. Twitter was not censoring anyone. They were just trying to keep Russian disinformation off of their platform. It speaks volumes that Twitter couldn’t tell the difference between Russian propaganda and tweets from Devin Nunes.

I'm not up on this, but out of curiosity I need to find out who got rid of prop 13.

No prop 13 is still around, keeping the value on your home for tax calculations where it was when you bought it. I'm not sure what the other CA tax law was where you could avoid capital gains tax if you put the money from the proceeds of your home into another home. But it's been gone for some years now.

No, it's not. Proposition 13 had zippo to do with capital gains you boob! (gratuitous abuse at no added cost) Rather, it limited the effects of reassessment of valuation of a property in a rising market to no more than 2% per year (as long as it is held by the same owner(s)), essentially limiting the effects of property tax increases. Proposition 13 is very much alive and well, as it's pretty much a "third rail" issue in California. However, one thing most people do not comprehend is that the actual result was a massive shift in property tax assessments from commercial property (which essentially NEVER change ownership - merely being shifted around through a variety of dodges) to residential property - which are reassessed every time they are sold. Thus, the property value (for tax purposes) of the residential property inventory is now much larger proportionally to that of the commercial property inventory. It was a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing, and most people are still too stupid to figure out they've been hoodwinked since 1978 into paying a much greater share of local taxes than businesses.

Yes I realized that after posting, but there was a CA law that's now gone that allowed you to avoid capital gains tax from the sale of your home if you put the money into another home (some requirement on equal or greater value I believe).

Are you confusing federal taxes with state taxes? For several years now there's been no federal income tax on the profit from a home sale up to $250,000 (double that for married) provided you lived in it for two years.

prop 13 would be a state thing.

Yes, doesn't help that much when the profit is quadruple that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back