OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mebbe. I did always want a bike. But if I did, it was gonna be either Ninja style, Beemer touring style, or one of those on/off road ones once I moved here. Would have been really cool for dirt back road touring. Re: Harleys, my old ski school supervisor used to say, "If I wanted a vibrator, I would have shopped at that other store." Me, I just find them annoying as the main highway runs through our mountain towns, and many shops and restaurants are open to the street when it is warm or have patios, and the things are just so darned unnecessarily loud!

they don't actually come that way. those are aftermarket drag pipes that the owners have installed just so they can be the loudest. it is stupid.

i haven't owned a motorcycle since i was in the A.F. but when i did, it was a 1971 TR-6 Triumph 650 Tiger. (Same thing as a Bonneville, but with one carb and not quite as hot cams)

they don't actually come that way. those are aftermarket drag pipes that the owners have installed just so they can be the loudest. it is stupid.

i haven't owned a motorcycle since i was in the A.F. but when i did, it was a 1971 TR-6 Triumph Tiger. (Same thing as a Bonneville, but with one carb and not quite as hot cams)
I liked that era street bike. For some reason, the early 70's Hondas looked really cool to me. I think because an older cousin took me out riding on one when I was a kid, and it felt so cool.

and the things are just so darned unnecessarily loud!
Those are called "compensation pipes".
See "compensation lift kit".
40a52cf41c23c04c5fc2814e5ad0a0f5.jpg

And yeah, I just saw a NYT alert up in the upper right corner of my screen announcing the blow to the unions a couple minutes ago. I don't want to go read it yet. Too damn depressing, considering this is our court for a good long while now.

Thank you Mitch McConnell. If not for that man and his unprecedented, unwarranted, and unbelievable obstruction of a Supreme Court nominee for no historically supportable reason we wouldn't be in this horrible situation. I cannot wait until the Dems take back the Senate. You wanna see obstruction?

i haven't owned a motorcycle since i was in the A.F. but when i did, it was a 1971 TR-6 Triumph 650 Tiger. (Same thing as a Bonneville, but with one carb and not quite as hot cams)
Triumph has some beautiful yet well designed classic bikes these days.
https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/classics/street-cup/2018/street-cup
dz_racing_yellow_rhs.png

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/classics/bonneville/2018/bonneville-t100
intense_orange_new_england_white_db_rhs.png
matt_jet_black_dbx_rhs.jpg

that is beautiful. Aren't a lot of the trumpunkskis Harley People though ?

Yes they are, but they don't care. From the facebook page of ABATE of Indiana (motorcycle activists that are 90% Harley riders):

upload_2018-6-27_10-42-45.png

They just tell themselves that Harley Davidson was planning this move before Trump, and that Trump's threat to "tax them like never before" will keep the jobs in the US from being lost.

I hope you can, because there's basically no chance it happens this year. Maybe the House. The Senate is the longest of longshots.
We better get busy. I may be donating at least something to other states, such as Montana, Nevada, etc. to try and help. I am hoping the S.Ct. decisions help motivate some people to get out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back