OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_pap47pri8O1qlfgkho1_540.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlik...ands-of-small-online-businesses/#7087252227aa

Did The Supreme Court Potentially Bankrupt Tens Of Thousands Of Small Online Businesses?

small online businesses have been doing this so long it now seems like they are being targeted. But I remember when online commerce started and the no sales tax for out of state web sellers put a lot of small brick and mortar companies out of business. There was a public outcry about that back then. If these online businesses go bankrupt it will be a repeat of what they did initially.

small online businesses have been doing this so long it now seems like they are being targeted. But I remember when online commerce started and the no sales tax for out of state web sellers put a lot of small brick and mortar companies out of business. There was a public outcry about that back then. If these online businesses go bankrupt it will be a repeat of what they did initially.
I didn't read the article, but...
Makes me wonder.

Let the small online businesses dry up the mom and pop businesses for years until everyone just goes to the big right wing supporting big box stores. When the time is right, hit them with the state tax and drive them out of business forcing even more money towards the big box.

Monopoly mal Anders.

About the internet thing also I wonder....
Since we all know how conservative Walmart is about what they do and don't sell.

If they can still internet businesses they can also make sure that LGBT types out in Podunk Backwoodstucky can't get all their gay sex supplies/periodicals etc...

Win, win for them.

BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! now we're getting somewhere. let's see how they like their bullshit religious liberty excuse now.

Restaurant That Refused to Serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ortedly-kicks-out-sarah-huckabee-sanders.html

"It seems that it is getting more and more difficult for members of the Trump administration to get a decent meal in restaurants around Washington. On Friday night, it was apparently the turn of Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who was apparently kicked out of a Virginia restaurant. Word of the move first came from Jaike Foley-Schultz, who describes describes himself as a waiter at The Red Hen, a restaurant in Lexington, Virginia. In a Facebook post, Foley-Schultz wrote that his boss kicked out the White House press secretary and seven members of her family."

"Brennan Gilmore, the head of Clean Virginia, a nonprofit group, appears to have been the one to make the post go viral by posting it on Twitter along with what appears to be a handwritten note from the restaurant that reads “86 — Sara Huckabee Sanders.” Gilmore said that the owner of the Virginia restaurant “apparently… didn’t want to serve her and her party out of moral conviction."

BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! now we're getting somewhere. let's see how they like their bullshit religious liberty excuse now.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ortedly-kicks-out-sarah-huckabee-sanders.html

"It seems that it is getting more and more difficult for members of the Trump administration to get a decent meal in restaurants around Washington. On Friday night, it was apparently the turn of Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who was apparently kicked out of a Virginia restaurant. Word of the move first came from Jaike Foley-Schultz, who describes describes himself as a waiter at The Red Hen, a restaurant in Lexington, Virginia. In a Facebook post, Foley-Schultz wrote that his boss kicked out the White House press secretary and seven members of her family."

"Brennan Gilmore, the head of Clean Virginia, a nonprofit group, appears to have been the one to make the post go viral by posting it on Twitter along with what appears to be a handwritten note from the restaurant that reads “86 — Sara Huckabee Sanders.” Gilmore said that the owner of the Virginia restaurant “apparently… didn’t want to serve her and her party out of moral conviction."

Geez, It's not like she asked them to bake a gay wedding cake or something.

Golf clap. I look forward to the day when the Trumpians can't get a meal, haircut, oil change, groceries, newspaper, coffee or the like based on the shitty laws they passed to fuck over LGBT people. I think the US might have a chance when I see people use the letter of the new laws to fuck with the hate pushed by administration and GOP.

and it's made WaPo.....and here is the owner's side of the story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-again/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b7b00b7c7322

Reactions: Tig

Lexington is about 3 hours from DC and a very Red part of the state. The restaurant will probably go out of business now because of the publicity.

Lexington is about 3 hours from DC and a very Red part of the state. The restaurant will probably go out of business now because of the publicity.
maybe not. lexington is about 7000 people and very blue. that's enough to keep it going.

Reactions: Tig
for me the reason I shop online is first and foremost selection of product. Brick and morter have shite for selection and noly cookie cutter Mcproduct. the fact that some online shopping is cheaper (but not always)is nice but it is about convenience and selection for me and also i can compare , compare, compare. I'll continue to shop online B&m can fuck off unless they carry better selection.My view in this day and age is B&M is the middle man. I'm sure I'm not the only one who shops online for this reason.

*edit* a lot of my purchases iare from jeff bezos.com but I also have always purchased from small shops, etsy, places over seas, you name it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back